Location: Tonawanda NY
Schedule: M-F (1/2 day Sat in Winter months)
Compensation: $20-25/hr, based on experience
What We Are Looking For
The Dispatcher arranges, schedules, and dispatches drivers, work crews, equipment for repairs, and limited Customer Service duties.
This position requires exceptional proactive communication skills with internal and external customers, including resolving issues with timely delivery, checking calls, activity documentation, and promoting a professional workplace attitude in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
- Organize and schedule efficient delivery of products to customers in accordance with projections.
- Review bulk inventories and the requirements of each; Ensure optimal level of product inventory by analyzing sales trends and market conditions.
- Generate and distribute driver load and electronic manifests to drivers.
- Respond to phone-generated orders and communicate pertinent information to customers and drivers accurately.
- Perform duties including customer service, data entry and dispatch.
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate individuals.
- Copy, sort, and file records related to office activities, business transactions, and other matters.
- Sort incoming mail and deliver to appropriate department or individual, processes outgoing mail.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Provide exemplary customer service to external and internal customers.
- Coordinate truck maintenance with fleet mechanics.
- Provide coverage for vacations, and PTO days on an as-needed basis
- Be accessible "on-call" after normal working hours.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What You Need:
What We Offer
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- One year of prior experience in the transportation or logistics industries preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute directions accurately and with speed
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks, delegating when appropriate
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn a variety of communications systems
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working with dispatching equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Skills in Microsoft Office and other routing tools
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company-paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives
This job has expired.