About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will be a talent development and talent management advisor for Old Navy. This person will understand and connect Gap Inc. and Old Navy business strategies and can identify what's needed to drive a high-performing workforce, unleashing leadership potential to enable our talent strategies and practices. This Talent Development leader builds strategic partnerships across HR partners, brand and functional leaders and other Gap Inc. partners to develop and execute high-impact talent strategies. This role needs a well-organized, hands-on Program Leader, with Coaching DNA, who thrives in a work-hard environment, is accountable for several multi-phase projects at once, and rolls their sleeves up alongside their team. They continuously partner with key business leader(s), other HR team members, and subject matter experts to enhance our overall learning strategy, deliver sustainable and impactful development experiences, and drive continuous improvement of the learning function. This position requires a utility player with a strategic mindset and a strong bias towards delivery.
What You'll Do
- Leadership: Own and execute the day to day management of learning staff including motivating, coaching, and growing direct reports. Manage the creation of business requirements, project plans/specifications, research and business case development. Provide oversight/input into the design, development, implementation and management of targeted programs or other general projects.
- Consulting: Partner with HR and business leaders to identify, develop, and implement robust tools and solutions targeting employee development and overall talent management (identify, select, develop, engage, and retain).
- Coach: Advise, consult and coach leaders to build talent development capabilities to grow their teams and achieve specific business outcomes.
- Strategize: Leverage data, analytics and talent-related technology and systems to develop insights to support and design talent management decisions and workforce management strategies; utilize assessment data to identify leadership development priorities.
- Develop Content: Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns).
- Facilitation: Acts as an engaging, facilitator, delivering high quality programs and development experiences to allow our teams to do their best work and grow their leadership skills. Must be comfortable using various platforms and methodologies.
Who You Are
- Depth of expertise: depth of knowledge and experience across a wide range of areas (Talent Management, Human Resources) and are comfortable designing and implementing processes, programs and tools to aid in the development of our leaders.
- Learner's Mindset: possess an organizational savviness to build relationships across the company, understanding the business needs and delivering results.
- Consultative skills: proven ability to partner with others to determine appropriate solutions to business needs. You have a proven track record of experience in client-facing roles, developing large-scale training strategies with experience directly leading a team and delivering multiple offerings at once with great success.
- Program/Project management: discipline and rigor to ensure processes are followed and initiatives delivered in a timely manner.
- Process Design and Development: ability to own process design and development end to end, integrating quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Coaching skills: ability to provide individual and group feedback and guidance to multiple levels of clients, peers or partners; strong diagnostic skills in listening, probing and analyzing to translate business demands into development solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills: including executive presence and ability to tailor style to audience. Comfort and expertise in facilitation across wide audiences and all levels of leadership. Write quality development plans leveraging a variety of resources.
- Business Acumen: Passion and curiosity for the business; drive to understand the competitive landscape; strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win; Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity.
- You have had experience with diversity and inclusion training design and delivery
- Certifications in DiSC, EQ, SLII, and other learning, change management, and coaching methodologies are a plus
- You have a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge with e-learning tools such as Articulate is a plus.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco:
Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.