What you'll do...
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store N o 8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart's larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart's core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart's core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term. This team within Store N°8 is designing immersive experiences for our customers, developing the role of retail mixed reality worlds.
About the Role:
As Head of Engineering, you will play a leadership role and drive the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of all architecture, engineering, and application development required to stand up and scale this high priority initiative inside of Store No8. You will build a team of engineers and develop the roadmap to bring the vision to life. You will coordinate with leaders across Walmart to design and build the solution that achieves Walmart's strategic goals. You will be empowered to build at the speed of a startup with the full support of Walmart's massive scale and resources.
What You'll Do:
* Build working prototypes of apps and other digital solutions.
* Oversee all technical architecture, engineering, platform features and requirements, software development, and the associated build vs buy vs partner decisions.
* Partner with product to build software in accordance with the product roadmap. and to influence the roadmap based on technical architecture and potential third-party solutions.
* Build, coach and mentor a team of engineers to foster a culture of success.
* Drive disciplined and transparent decision-making processes to shape architecture and strategies to achieve defined goals.
* Act as an internal and external spokesperson for the initiative.
* Present complex technology concepts and principles in simple, concise, and clear business terms.
* Collaborate with Global Tech team, product teams, ecosystem partners, and managed contract vendors.
* Manage and develop top-tier talent, including recruitment, engagement, and well-being.
What You'll Need:
* 6 - 10 years in an engineering leadership role, with robust network across industry stakeholders.
* Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with and present to senior executives.
* Deep technical experience leading architects, front-end, back-end, and data engineers, quality assurance, dev-ops, and other technical resources in support of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
* State-of-the-art knowledge of game engines, including Unity and Unreal.
* In-depth experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to align data platform and software development efforts with technical requirements, customer features, regulatory requirements, and strategic objectives.
* Demonstrated ability to manage full-time and contract teammates, both in-person and remote.
* Strong record of delivering engineering projects with significant impact.
* Experience directing budgets, and resources to achieve maximum value.
* Strong track record of delivering large, cross functional projects.
* Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a high growth technology company.
* Experience and passion for rapid prototyping and development in a fast-paced environment.
Perks and Benefits:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 8 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
3 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 33 minutes ago
Posted 33 minutes ago
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Posted 32 minutes ago