San Francisco, California
Pillsbury's San Francisco office is seeking an experienced Director of Administration to lead the office alongside the Office Managing Partner. This position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative and human resources functions. The person who fills this role will have the opportunity to work in a challenging, respectful, and collegial environment and drive innovation and positive change as we continue to navigate the new normal.
The successful candidate must possess a strong professional presence, emotional intelligence, sound judgment, and excellent leadership and diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues of all levels in the firm as well as clients and vendors. The ideal candidate will continue to cultivate the culture by fostering an environment of inclusion, teamwork, excellence, collegiality, and growth potential across all levels through mentorship and coaching. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the California Fair Chance Act.
Representative Key Responsibilities
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Direct the day-to-day operations and develop effective working relationships with attorneys, staff, managers and senior management to ensure excellent internal and external client service.
- Develop and implement growth strategy, and office, practice, and business initiatives in collaboration with the OMP, local section leaders, and management team.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies, wage and hour laws, OSHA regulations, Firm, COVID-19, and risk management policies.
- Prepare and monitor annual operating, capital, and people budgets and align staffing of all levels with business needs.
- Identify the changing needs of the office and develop communication and implementation plans to effectuate firm and office policies and programs.
- Work with management, attorneys, directors, and staff to resolve conflicts with diplomacy and positive results.
- Oversee recruiting, and partner with firm departments to ensure successful onboarding and integration for all staff and attorneys.
- Administer annual staff reviews, salary and bonuses.
- Collaborate with the firmwide Office Administrators and HR team to work on and lead firmwide initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a comparable role with a professional services firm, preferably a law firm.
- Team player with demonstrated experience leading and managing change in a consensus driven, collegial and collaborative work environment.
- Strong human resource skills and a working knowledge of California/federal wage and hour laws and Cal-OSHA regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technology skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- In-depth knowledge of the business of law and legal market.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please contact us at PillsburyWorkday@pillsburylaw.com .
This job has expired.