American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Director, Land Development is responsible for the development of residential building lots through all aspects and phases of development, including but not limited to: design, budgeting, permitting, scheduling, on-site development, vendor management and garnering necessary municipal permits and approvals.
- Establish, manage, and maintain accurate development schedules and budgets; Manage and communicate projected vs. actual budget reconciliation and cash flow projections to included development reimbursements releases; Proactively work to resolve issues and potential issues to keep development projects on-time and on- budget.
- Select and manage trade partners to execute development work to our specifications. Partner with sub-contractors to prepare and process bid packages, contracts, change orders, check requests invoices and bonds as necessary.
- Partner with Land Acquisition team in building accurate development budgets for new
- land deals to be acquired; Assist Land Acquisition team in gaining municipal approvals, identifying easements, and overcoming obstacles to securing new land deals.
- Travel between job sites in market to inspect progress, problem-solve and validate work.
- Communicate to vendors to provide both performance feedback and recognition, as well as with teammates and executive leadership with status updates on development activity/progress.
- Secure final tract/plat acceptance by governing municipalities and agencies and ensures that all work follows City, County, Special Districts guidelines and codes.
Work where you feel right at home -
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics, Commerce, or Construction Management preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in in Land development design and/or land development.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience, managing direct reports.
- Possess working knowledge of Air Quality Regulations and Storm water management (SWPPP) protocols
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and bidding take-off software.
- Experience with CAD a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take prudent risks
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!Related Keywords:
Horizontal development manager, horizontal construction, land development director, moving dirt, develop land, land construction, land development construction, developing land, home-building, residential development, real estate development
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
This job has expired.