Responsible for the overall direction to the engineering function through the development of engineering policies and procedures consistent with organizational requirements and corporate standards
- Planning and Directing all areas of Facilities, Engineering and Maintenance functions
- Planning and executing capital budgets and projects
- Leading technical teams in meeting the needs of the plant operation
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and personnel development from both administrative and technical base
- Develop short-term and long-term departmental and facility planning objectives to align with site objectives
- Guide departmental operations and personnel in accordance with company philosophies by way of performance reviews, training, and development programs, setting and tracking goals and objectives and promoting fiscal responsibility
- Institute and apply best engineering practices to ensure effective preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance while maintaining continued operations with minimal down time and uninterrupted plant operations
- Ensure all designs, material, equipment and day-to-day-operations comply with cGMP requirements and practices.
- Lead and support equipment and facility modifications to meet the needs of the operations ensuring the appropriate cGMP guidelines are followed
- Facilitate the implementation of cost reductions, new product launches and ongoing process equipment maintenance
- Provide appropriate technical knowledge and training to support the engineering team to write detailed equipment/facility/utility URS and specifications as necessary
- Provide troubleshooting guidance for equipment failures as necessary
- Approve SOPs, Safe practices, Test reports, Change controls, etc. as required
- Determine and provide appropriate engineering solutions and the most applicable technology applications to ensure optimal energy use and compliance with regulations on sustainability and energy reduction
- Improve systems such as calibration and maintenance, automation, etc. to enhance and improve the execution of the workload
- Oversee technical, financial, and managerial tasks associated with site assigned capital budgets and capital project execution from conception to design, construction and validation and provide reports and communications as required
- Represent and foster harmonious relationships within the department and other site departments and corporate functions such as, Corporate Engineering
- Interface with external organizations such as the EPA, DEA, the FDA, insurance investigators, the building/fire commissioner, and others as required
- Participate in internal and external audits as required or requested
- Ensure for the effective interface between Engineering, Security and EH&S resources and for the planning, developing and managing emergency response and business continuity
- Ensure that external resources/contractors working on the site are properly managed and their services are properly coordinated
- Operating budget responsibility;Capital project budgets around $10m/year
Company Overview Who we are?
- 15+ years Engineering and Maintenance experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing and ideally having experience in sterile manufacturing
- 10+years of Capital Project Management experience managing engineering resources and Project Managers in support of capital project execution
- Process design, equipment selection, cost estimating, scheduling and people management experience
- Academic training or practical experience in financial analysis and economic evaluation is desired to ensure that proper business considerations are included in the decision-making process
- Ability to work under tight timelines and be able to motivate direct reports to deliver expected results
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.