The Director, Data and Analytics Solutions Business Partner (Clinical Research & Development) will be part of the larger Data Technologies & Analytics Solution (DTAS) team reporting to the Head of DTAS. The DTAS team is part of the larger Data and Analytics (D&A) Organization at Otsuka Pharmaceuticals. This role will have end-to-end accountability across R&D initiatives and projects providing innovative data technology and data science solutions to key business problems.
The Director, Clinical Research & Development Business Partner will have the responsibility to establish effective partnerships with multiple businesses unit in R&D division including but not limited to Global Clinical Development, Clinical Analytics, Pharmacovigilance, Global Quality. The role will entail identifying business challenges and opportunities. Additional to identifying and solving for existing business challenges the role requires to pioneer novel approaches and drive the operational change when appropriate. Through a deep understanding of all verticals in Clinical R&D and keeping a close lens on the external landscape the Director, Clinical Research & Development Business Partner, in partnership with key stakeholders and business leaders, will develop the roadmap for their data technology, data science and digital transformation needs.
To deliver against the R&D portfolio, the Director, Clinical Research & Development Business Partner will provide oversight and guidance across multiple teams of data scientists, data engineers, architects, and other roles with responsibility for delivering DTAS capabilities in an integrated manner. In support of Otsuka's Clinical goals, when appropriate, the cross-skilled team will: develop and apply advanced analytical methods inclusive of AI/ML to evaluate and monitor indicators of performance, quality, and risks; and modernize the delivery of data/information in user-friendly formats/visualizations and provide insights for measurable business impact.
This position will become a driving force of change, partnership, quality, and delivery across the R&D portfolio.
- Enables DTAS team's development of business cases, inclusive of ROI, designed to bring modern approaches forward and advocate for new data tools and technologies that will position the R&D business teams to deliver with fit-for-purpose or industry-leading analytics solutions when appropriate.
- Work with the stakeholders to ensure proof of concept and the end-product delivery against the vision.
- Partner with appropriate IT, business teams and other DTAS members to evaluate and establish an ML Ops and Data engineering platform to operationalize and maintain proof of concept ML algorithms and predictive analytics platforms
- Enable the R&D business teams to build and maintain an AI/ML based Decision Engine to monitor risks to clinical trials.
- Work with the R&D business teams to optimize their workflows for efficiency by pitching innovative solutions and obtain buy-in, in collaboration with D&A teams and IT partners as is appropriate.
- Accountable to awareness and exploration of external landscape and emerging technologies and trends in partnership with D&A and IT stakeholders.
- Works with stakeholders and business partners to prioritize across the R&D portfolio.
- Works with DTAS functional heads to inform their management of resources across portfolios that may have competing priorities.
- Support stakeholders in removing roadblocks and enabling project team. Ability to develop and drive implementation of plans within budgets and timelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships within D&A and other functions as well as with external partners.
- Effectively communicates in a remote/virtual environment; Communicates in an open, balanced, and objective manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and approaches process changes, technology, and new responsibilities with an open curious mind.
- Models positive behaviors such as re-examining how things are done and challenging assumptions about what is possible.
- Demonstrates a balance of innovation and curiosity with discipline and structure. Is a champion of value-add change and evolution.
- Balances a focus on both, execution methods as well as outcomes.
- Works creatively within predefined standards.
- Minimum 5+ years of leadership/management (matrix or line) experience is required
- Minimum 8+ years in a pharma/life sciences organization with exposure to Clinical Trials with demonstrated domain expertise
- Prior experience of process and data involved in running clinical trial involving EDC systems, Safety labs, Subject Enrollment, and other relevant functions.
- Prior experience working with data standards (CDISC, SDTM, ADaM) involved in clinical trial
- Prior experience in handling regulatory requirements around systems that are used to capture, analyze, and submit clinical trial data
- Experience effectively managing cross-functional partnerships up to senior levels of an organization
- Experience building business cases with associated ROI calculations
- Effective communication of complex and technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and be accountable for individual & team results
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence across other functional teams in the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Computer science, Mathematics, Economics, or related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Appropriate understanding of computing and programming using statistical packages to clean, prep and analyze internal and third part data (i.e. SAS, R, Excel, SQL)
- Background in variety of statistical and machine learning techniques and algorithms including regression (Liner/Non-Linear/Logistic), Factor Analysis, Binary Tree, Random Forest, Gradient Boost etc.
- Experience with the application of statistical estimation techniques and / or optimization techniques
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.