The Director of Clinic Operations coordinates all the operations and practice management activities for assigned physician practices. This position develops and implements plans for revenue enhancement and cost containment opportunities for all clinic practices. Prepares financial and administrative reports to aid in the management of clinic practices. Provides strategic direction for the business management of practices, including establishing and monitoring multi-year business plans, setting and monitoring unit goals, managing the internal and external reputation of the clinics supervised, and building business capability and profitability. Has responsibility for managing staff, budget, physician relations, facilities resourcing, compliance activities, operations planning, process improvement and inter-department relations; public relations, and establishing and executing mid-range and long term plans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
1. Manages the activities of multiple practices in potentially geographically diverse locations to ensure efficient office operations.
2. Develops, reviews, revises, submits, and/or implements local policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for clinic practices.
3. Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels and recommends termination of assigned employees.
4. Develops practice operations budget and ensures practices are operating within budget targets.
5. May develop and manage vendor relationships and/or negotiate vendor pricing within system policy.
6. Creates and implements plans to ensure practice’s objectives are met by coordinating communication between departments and the practices.
7. Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to maintain regulatory standards and/or to develop new clinic sites and programs including design, construction, office set-up and budget development.
8. Serves as a liaison between clinic and local Hospital Administration in achieving strategic alignment.
9. Responsible for driving practice growth including recruitment, training and onboarding of physicians and advanced practitioners.
10. Displays high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives.
11. Provides oversight for management of clinic operations staff, organizing resources and assigning work to maximize goals for patient care and service delivery.
12. Provides last intervention point for resolution of patient and physician interventions.
This role typically manages the scope outlined below:
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
1. Master’s degree required or equivalent experience plus five years of supervisory experience.
2. Experience working with physicians and other providers is preferred.
3. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle difficult people and difficult situations.
4. Knowledge and experience with the principles and practical applications of healthcare executive management. Includes superior knowledge of spreadsheets, financial statements and decision-making tools.
5. Experience in staff development required.
6. Excellent written and oral skills are required.
7. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, basic keyboard and computer skills.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Masters or Equivalent Exp
- EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience
Posted 22 minutes ago
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 4 minutes ago