About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Store Strategy and Operations is looking for a change leader who can help set and drive large scale change management efforts across Gap Inc.'s top strategic and operational priorities for our fleet of stores. These efforts will include enabling adoption and sustainaniliy of process changes, system rollouts and organizational changes, with the ultimate goal of increasing profitability across our fleet.
This role will focus on enabling and measuring sustainable change for large scale implementations, including assessing, articulating and helping implement the level of change needed to support new and updated business processes, systems / technology and job roles. You will build awareness, desire, knowledge, ability and reinforcement across various stakeholders to maximize adoption and minimize business disruption.
We are looking for someone with professional change management skills, proven experience as a leader of others, a strategic thinker with exemplary communication and planning skills that understands retail or large scale operations.
What You'll Do
- Own end to end change management activities to support large strategic programs critical to furthering Gap Inc.'s top priorities for our field teams; oversee direct and / or indirect resources to deliver against priorities
- Define and develop change strategies inclusive of impact assessments, governance and sponsorship engagement strategies, roadmaps, and plans across communication, coaching, training, resistance management, sustainability, and measurement for adoption
- Interface with all levels of management and leadership. Works as coach and internal change consultant to project sponsors, senior leadership and directors, and project teams. Inspire stakeholders to be change agents for the program and drive accountability
- Serve as Brand(s) liason for all change management related communication and escalation; own all executive executive level communication and reporting related to change
- Develop, track, and communicate program / project status as it relates to change management activities, including progress against timelines, risk to execution, and stakeholder gulp rate
- Evaluate and escalate interbrand dependencies and risks related to change with sense of urgency and accountability; anticipate roadblocks, develop mitigation strategies and proactively address
Who You Are
- Bachelors degree
- Experience developing and driving large change management programs across numerous stakeholders highly preferred
- MBA and / or +6 years of experience in strategy / management consulting, retail / consumer products or similar role highly preferred
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with data to drive insights and decisions
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence key strategic initiatives. Proven and motivational leader with excellent managerial skills and a keen interest in developing team members
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Fluency in PPT; adept at developing executive-facing presentations. Aptitude and willingness to "get one's hands dirty" and deep dive into details
Notice to applicants in San Francisco:
Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.