Leader responsible for aligning with the Global Privacy Office (GPO) and accordingly developing, assisting with implementing, monitoring, and assessing privacy controls across the Asia Region including Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Promote enterprise-wide privacy compliance in the Asia Region with international privacy laws
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Education, and Experience
- Support the Global Privacy Officer and Global Privacy Office (GPO) Initiatives
- Align with Global Privacy Office initiatives
- Develop, assist with implementation, maintain, and provide oversight of policies and procedures re: the privacy of, access to and use of personal information
- Support efforts on compliance, information security, data governance, and risk management
- Promote Privacy by Design strategies for developing technologies as well as legacy products
- Partner with the Global Compliance Office and provide support as appropriate
- Support vendor auditing processes and provide counsel to monitor privacy related controls
- Support Legal Affairs in drafting, negotiating, and executing data use agreements with third parties that adequately protect Otsuka data assets
- Provide guidance on privacy implications of proposed business changes as needed
- Remain current on privacy developments and best practices.
- 5-10 years broad experience in pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry and/or with pharmaceutical/medical device manufacturer activities
- Minimum 5 years in the privacy field required
- Master's or comparable degree in a relevant field, preferably in law, risk management, or corporate compliance
- Advanced understanding and solid practical knowledge of privacy laws and principles
- Familiarity with local privacy-related requirements and local authorities' practices (including authority requests handling) with regards to privacy in Asia, including but not limited to: Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore
- Relevant work experience from more than one country or from multi-national companies, preferably from highly regulated sectors such as pharma, energy, or banking and finance
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders across management levels, functions and businesses and build relationships
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills that is clear, precise and structured
- Privacy compliance experience preferably from a large European company or organization
- Experience with managing projects and programs in relevant fields of work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to fully engage various audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Japanese Language Skills
- Degree in Law
- Advanced understanding international privacy and data protection laws, including APEC privacy framework.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or Security professional (CISM, CISSP) preferred
Travel (approximately 10%)
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.