Reporting to the President of the Dallas Foundation, the Director of Strategic Initiatives will sit on the Foundation leadership team and drive implementation of the Foundation’s strategic plan. The Director will guide the planning of a multi-year fundraising effort, and be responsible for the nominations, recruitment and engagement of the Foundation’s 140-person Advisory Board.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Advance the implementation of the strategic plan with creativity, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Recommend best practices (development support, gift acceptance and recognition policies, multi-year moves management, reporting fundraising progress, resource alignment, stewardship) across the Foundation and work directly with the leadership team to accelerate growth and activate the strategic plan.
- Develop a comprehensive multi-year fundraising effort:
- focusing on long and short-term priorities that meet system priorities and ignite donor’s passions
- convene medical/administrative leadership, board members, and staff in conversations to shape outcomes, inform goals, and identify subject matter experts
- guide the recruitment and engagement of volunteer leadership to advance priorities with their peer community
- in concert with the leadership team, develop a staffing plan to achieve goals
- Build metrics and dashboards to report on progress that includes short-term progress towards multi-year goals.
- Guide Board nominations and recruitment process and work collaboratively with the President to ensure a strong cadence of communication and engagement.
- Actively manage a portfolio of 10 - 15 Board members.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of briefing materials to assist system leadership with prospect engagement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Transform ideas into executable and successful programs through experience in direct solicitation and development operations. In-depth understanding of donor constituencies and strategies that best serve the fundraising mission.
- Proven collaboration and teamwork skills including experience working with executive leadership and board members and the ability to manage complex relationships.
- Background in organizational development, coaching, team building, and campaign planning.
- Proficient leader and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. Curious, adaptable to evolving business needs and in a changing environment.
- Health care, educational, or nonprofit leadership experience.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Must be comfortable working within a demanding and complex business environment with access to highly confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment, capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals, and creating an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Commitment to professional development and the ability to give feedback in a respectful and direct manner.
- Ability to multi-task, set and meet plan targets and apply strong attention to detail.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Please note that management retains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Baylor Scott & White Health.
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Non-profit Studies or other related disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years of progressive experience within a non-profit organization.
- Track record of success in campaign planning and development/execution of multi-year strategic plans.
- Excellent communicator with a collaborative spirit