About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Gap Inc Photo Studio is responsible for creating and delivering all assets that support all e-commerce sites for Gap Inc. The Digital Technician is a crucial function to deliver one of the key ingredients that make Gap Inc successful. This person is an extremely positive, bright, highly professional and communicative computer, color and imaging expert.
What You'll Do
- Collect, edit and process all digital images captured for On Figure, Special Laydown and Marketing photography.
- Support the photography process and ensure the imagery being created is accurate and error-free.
- Identify, formulate and implement technical & coding solutions.
- First line of support for all set computers (desktop), network support (wired and wireless) and photography database.
- Train and support freelance Digital Technicians and assist in keeping the Digital Technician guide up to date.
- Effectively communicate business needs and issues to business partners.
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of the image capture process.
- Define and oversee the photography asset creation process. Ensure that the assets are captured and stored in the correct manner to assure efficient workflow.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Mac OS X/Unix administration experience, including experience running commands from the command line
- Experience with Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, Product Retouching, Color Correcting and Digital Photography
- Experience in resolving computer hardware issues (PC and Macintosh)
- Experience in troubleshooting networking issues
- Preferred experience in programming and server processes
- Highly communicative team player
- Extremely organized
Notice to applicants in San Francisco:
Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.