i3 has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Hardware Engineer to support the Naval Research Laboratory, Tactical Electronic Warfare Division. The TEWD's mission is to protect the warfighter from emerging threats by advancing electronic warfare (EW) through analysis and RDT&E of current and future technologies.
- Design, implement, analyze and test FPGA-based digital systems.
- Develop HDL and block designs for FPGAs.
- Integrate manufacturer IP FPGA cores (processor, ADC, DAC, etc.) into customized firmware architectures.
- Design and validate testbench routines for simulation of FPGA designs and sub-designs.
- Generate technical reports documenting design and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical/computer engineering, physics, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience.
- Thorough understanding of HDL (VHDL or Verilog).
- Experience with buses such as RS232, RS422, UART, SPI, I2C.
- Ability to generate architectural block diagrams from existing firmware designs.
- Experience developing and testing FPGAs or ASICs.
- Knowledge of Altera and Xilinx development environments (e.g. Vivado, Quartus, Synplify)
- Knowledge of FPGA/ASIC simulation and validation environment (e.g. ModelSim, Verdi).
- General knowledge of DSP coding and communication protocols.
- Master's degree in electrical/computer engineering, physics, or related field.
- Knowledge of microprocessor architecture and high speed interfaces as applied to FPGA Core functions.
- Experience with analysis of existing digital logic designs.
- Ability to design/recognize control flow computational paths and DSP data path components (e.g. digital filters, FFTs, and error-correction codes).
- Experience authoring technical reports and presentations.
- Current Secret clearance with ability to possess TS/SCI.
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, i3 is a national leader in providing innovative technical and engineering solutions to a broad customer base across the U.S. DoD. Specializing in missile and aviation engineering and logistic services, electronic warfare and electromagnetic affects analysis, UAS system integration and flight operations, full lifecycle C5ISR engineering services, engineering analysis, cybersecurity and IT/IA innovative solutions and virtual training, simulation & serious game development and implementation.
- We were founded in 2007 with the intent to do business differently.
- Our focus is to leave our team members and customers better than we found them.
- Our ultimate goal is to strengthen our Nation and our warfighter.
Perks and Benefits at i3:
We work hard. We compete hard. We play hard. Apply now to join us!
This job has expired.
- 100% team member owned
- Outstanding insurance coverage
- 401(k) match
- Health and wellness incentives
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
- Generous PTO
- Fun culture with company activities
- Countless opportunities to give back to the community through our charitable organization, i3 Cares