Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
SMU's more than 12,000 diverse, high-achieving students come from all 50 states and 90 countries to take advantage of the University's small classes, hands-on research opportunities, leadership development, community service, international study and innovative programs. The University offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences and undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs through eight schools.
Now in its second century of achievement, SMU is increasingly recognized for the ways it supports students, faculty and alumni as they become ethical leaders in their professions and communities. On the most beautiful college campus in the country, SMU Mustangs are energized by unbridled opportunities - from teaching, learning and research to creativity, performance and athletic endeavor.
About the Position:
The Department Business Systems Analyst provides key operational support to the graduate and undergraduate admission offices. This position includes data analysis and reporting, testing, training and security.
- Operational Support - Implementation of new technology solutions to improve business processes and fulfill strategic goals of Admissions departments; business requirements gathering/documentation & process design to evaluate requests for new functionality and modifications to existing functionality; troubleshoot & resolve issues and escalate issues when needed by submitting services requests & production issue requests with IT staff; provide support for ImageNow with regards to Admissions processes; maintain required setup for Slate/PeopleSoft for yearly recruiting cycles and coordinate setup with external vendors; other projects as assigned by Operations Dean.
- Data Analysis & Reporting - Data quality assurance through regular audits to ensure data integrity; extract data from various sources including SIS and CRM systems for auditing and reporting purposes; support all Admissions departments as well as other departments across the university with query & reporting needs for PeopleSoft & Slate; evaluate requests for new functionality and enhancement to existing functionality.
- Testing & Training - Develop test case plans & perform quarterly updates & fixes testing for PeopleSoft (SIS) including user acceptance & integrated testing; peer to peer training for new Operations staff; training documentation for Admissions processes.
- Security - Develop & maintain Admission security roles & permissions; fulfill security requests for SIS and CRM systems for all Admissions staff.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree is required. Three years of technical experience is required with knowledge of general database concepts.
Experience with Slate by Technolutions is highly preferred. SQL experience is a plus.
Technical experience including PeopleSoft, Oracle, CRM and cloud-based tools or closely related systems is a plus.
Must have demonstrated advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) functionality.
Experience with an institution of Higher Education is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Must have the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and working relationships.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
Candidate must possess strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects. Must be attentive to detail and accuracy.
Must have the ability to analyze problems and present recommended solutions.
Candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with others in a team environment.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Sit for long periods of time
- Handle objects (dexterity)
Deadline to Apply:
This position is open until filled.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, email@example.com.
SMU offers staff a broad, competitive array of health and related benefits. In addition to traditional benefits such as health, dental, and vision plans, SMU offers a wide range of wellness programs to help attract, support, and retain our employees whose work continues to make SMU an outstanding education and research institution.
SMU is committed to providing an array of retirement programs that benefit and protect you and your family throughout your working years at SMU and, if you meet SMU's retirement eligibility criteria, during your retirement years after you leave SMU.
The value of learning at SMU isn't just about preparing our students for the future. Employees have access to a wide variety of professional and personal development opportunities, including tuition benefits.