(Office locations in Raleigh, NC, Washington DC area, Charlottesville, VA)
***This requisition is for Students/Graduates of NCSU IAA only.***
Review of Candidates interested in our Defense and Intelligence team will begin immediately. All others will be reviewed in early January.
People Centered. Data Driven.
About Elder Research, Inc
Elder Research Inc. is a Data Science consulting firm specialized in providing analytic solutions to clients in Commercial and Government industries. Providing analytic solutions to hundreds of companies across numerous industries, our team enjoys a great variety in the type of work they do and exposure to a wide range of techniques and tools
We are trusted advisors to our clients, building lasting relationships and partnering as preferred analytics providers. We use a variety of programming languages and tools to create analytic solutions, often fitting within our clients’ environment and needs.
As data science consultants, we have the opportunity to work in many impactful fields, ranging from healthcare to finance, energy to insurance, and public policy to law enforcement. Join our team and find great opportunities to hone your analytic skills, work on complex problems with amazing teammates, and gain valuable analytics consulting experience.
Summary of Position:
As a Data Scientist, you will work directly with clients, managers and technical staff to understand business needs, develop technical plans, and deliver data-driven analytical solutions that solve client problems. You will primarily create and deploy predictive models from a wide variety of data sources and types using the latest mathematical and statistical methods.
- Exploration, cleaning, and wrangling to understand available data
- Meetings and discussions with clients and co-workers to refine understanding of the business problem at hand
- Trying different predictive modeling approaches to identify the best fit for a given set of business understanding, available data, and project timeline
- Writing re-usable code in R, Python, Java, Scala, SQL, or other languages, and working to refine it through code review and discussion
- Applying statistics to understand the significance of different attributes
- Preparing presentations, writing reports, and working to communicate technical results to clients with varying levels of analytic sophistication
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative, dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Travel to and work on-site at clients both local and non-local. Number of days at client site vary depending on project requirements.
About Elder Research, Inc
- Masters degree from IAA
- Eager to learn new things and work outside of your comfort zone
- Prior computer programming experience, preferably in a language such as R or Python
- Basic understanding of relational database structure and SQL
- Technical mindset – you are not afraid of math!
- Data exploration and model development in R or Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with clients both on-site and from corporate as needed.
- Positions for our Defense and Intelligence team will require undergoing a thorough Government background check and following the process to receive a Security Clearance upon hire.
Elder Research is a fast growing consulting firm specializing in predictive analytics. Being in the data mining business over 20 years, we pride ourselves in our ability to find creative, cutting edge solutions to real-world problems. We work hard to provide the best value to our clients and allow each person to contribute their ideas and put their skills to use immediately.
Our team members are passionate, curious, life-long learners. We value humility, servant-leadership, teamwork, and integrity. We seek to serve our clients and our teammates to the best of our abilities. In keeping with our entrepreneurial spirit, we want candidates who are self-motivated with an innate curiosity and strong team work.
Elder Research believes in continuous learning; each week the entire company attends a “Tech Talk” followed by an office lunch. Elder Research provides a supportive work environment with established parental, bereavement, and PTO policies. By prioritizing a healthy work-life balance - with reasonable hours, solid pay, low travel, and extremely flexible time off - Elder Research enables and encourages its employees to serve others.
Elder Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At this time, applicants for employment must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization
This job has expired.