Primary Job Purpose
Following federal mandate, all Cambia Health Solutions employees, including 100% remote workers, need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 1/1/22.
The Product Manager III is responsible for creating the business and product plan, and articulating the product strategy, vision, design, development and ongoing oversight of products that support the launch and growth of businesses within the Cambia family of companies. These roles are responsible for all phases of new product development and management activities including defining business requirements, leading product development, implementing and sustaining the strategic product roadmap, pricing and budget models, competitive positioning and product design for both existing and next-generation product offerings.
The Product Manager job family roles are inherently cross-functional - and require close work and collaboration with counterparts in product development, data science and data engineering, user experience, operations, program, and strategy to ensure all teams are delivering high-quality products that solve real market needs.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Manage the product roadmap and prioritization process, including defining the deliverables into discrete commitments (sprint planning).
- Directs the product management activities for products to meet business, market segmentation and financial goals.
- Produces product requirements for and interfaces and documents initiatives with marketing, UX, engineering and category management teams.
- Understands the target market and primary user needs for a product.
- Synthesizes business requirements from multiple sources including or may include customer segments, healthcare product experts, brokers, and sales teams into requirement documents and agile project plans.
- Define the feature sets, and business requirements from multiple sources, focusing on measures of success, and product roadmap.
- Contribute to the long term product vision.
- May conduct market research by working with internal teams and visits to customers and other relevant companies
- Manage a products life-cycle from planning to tactical activities to cross company go to market planning.
- May specify product requirements in the form of functional requirements, user stories, wireframes, and their objectives.
- Define and drives the solutions across all departments including the development of company-wide go to market plans.
- Collaborates with team to develop and deploy strategies for improving customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Writes accurate and useful functional specifications for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures that all issues are identified, reported, tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
- Puts together a prioritized roadmap for events and conferences as a product expert & owner
- Involved in high priority projects by managing projects from inception to execution within agreed upon time frame
- Uses data to shape product design decisions and launch and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
- Identifies strategic initiatives and projects
- Is an expert in a particular are of flow of the product
- Manages the roadmaps for multiple products.
- Guides UX design and/or solution design in concert with UX and engineering.
- Develops quarterly requirements and roadmap for forward-looking web e-commerce initiatives.
- Participates in coordination of product messaging development, communications, and promotions
- Develops a core set of metrics that support the analytical needs of the business, including engagement, platform performance, customer behavior, conversion and usability.
- Anticipates bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Identifies, assesses, tracks and mitigates issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Tracks product profitability, enrollment (if applicable).
- Provides main interface and acts as product relationship manager with heads of each department.
- Operates with a high level of autonomy, designing work plans, resource requirements, and organizational strategies required to accomplish necessary analysis and decision-making.
- Creates and implements strategies that significantly increase product revenue.
- Responsible for the long-term vision as long as short-term implementation for multiple products.
- Leads reviews of projects and plan roadmaps with heads of department.
- Leads product discovery efforts to come up with new and improved solutions for user and business needs.
- Collaborates with marketing team to develop and execute product marketing plans.
- Continuously improves team processes to increase quality and effectiveness.
- Specializes in a particular product management area of skill, e.g. user experience, market research, marketing, development.
- Guides product decisions across multiple products.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Proven record of creating successful products based on a balance of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Concrete experience managing complex products (preferably in healthcare) through a product development lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Demonstrated project management skills including effective planning, organizing, and administration of multi-functional work responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize features and enhancements, and are data driven and a student of test driven design.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including formal presentations and the facilitation of group planning sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize findings, prepare reports, create executive level documents and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and managing highly successful products for healthcare preferred.
- Experience with analytics, forecasting, and developing business cases.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to operate independently to navigate organizational complexities and to obtain resources needed to move initiatives forward.
- Ability to write executive level documents and make executive level presentations.
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in parallel.
- Ability to learn new technology concepts quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others through written and other forms of documentation.
- Ability to work within and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, diverse and/or complex projects and deadlines.
- Strong sense of market priorities and ability to appropriately push back against group think that will negatively impact company position in market place or marketability of the portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business, and market trends (including the competitive landscape).
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience managing complex products with multiple end-user and purchaser persona and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and lead cross divisional processes and clearly articulate complex information to achieve common goals.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve complex and sensitive issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- For technology specific roles:
- Experience with agile project management of large, cross functional technology or software initiatives.
- Advanced experience in working with user experience design teams to create compelling products that users love to use.
The Product Manager III would have a BA/BS in Business Administration or relevant field with 8+ years' experience in a product management position in healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and experience. For technology specific roles experience in consumer-facing software & services or a start-up environment preferred. MBA preferred.Work Environment
- No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- Travel required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com
This job has expired.