Collects, organizes, analyzes, interprets and ensures accuracy of data in support of Data Science, Actuarial and enterprise data needs. Serves as a liaison between Data Science, Actuarial, IT, and other business units. Provides data to support actuarial analysis including pricing, reserving and regulatory reporting. Acquires, cleanses and models Big Data in support of data scientists. Supports Actuarial and Data Science environments, monitoring health and hygiene of databases. Architects and participates in the development of analytics applications. .
The levels are progressive and build on the previous level's responsibilities and tasks.
- Query data using SQL
- Creation of business facing reports and dashboards
- Assist with the creation and implementation of new databases
- Assist with monitoring ADS environments
- Create technical documentation for code
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the job. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED: Data Engineer I
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Strong working knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle or SQL)
- Working knowledge of ETL tools and processes
- Basic familiarity with advanced statistical concepts
- Basic familiarity of DevOps fundamentals (build, release, test, monitor)
- Basic understanding of database structure and data modeling
- Working knowledge of R, Python and SSRS preferred
- Working knowledge of Big Data platforms such as Hadoop and DataBricks preferred
- Familiarity or exposure to Java and .NET preferred
- Insurance/actuarial knowledge preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science, actuarial science, statistics, mathematics or related field. Additional training/education in computer applications. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Completion of or progress toward Azure Data Engineer Certification, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, SQL Database Development Certification, iCAS CSPA designation or similar certifications is highly preferred. EXPERIENCE: Data Engineer I
With proper education credentials, no experience is required; however, experience working with data in an insurance environment is preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Minimal travel.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.