Kforce has a client in Ashburn, VA that is seeking a Data Engineer.Responsibilities:
- Data Engineer will design, implement, deploy and maintain optimal data pipeline and data management architectures
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional project requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, streaming and 'big data' technologies
- Responsible for building data pipelines for Extraction, Transforming, Loading (ETL) for bulk and stream processing of data
- Responsible for data standardization of data sources, fields, analytics, etc.
- In this role, the Data Engineer will implement data pipelines to ingest data to the platform, standardize and transform the data
- Support the development of analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into the data and optimization of objectives
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- The Data Engineer will design and architect solutions with Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres
- Experience with AWS cloud / Azure Cloud or remote services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience with data encryption/security features applied to data-in-transit
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with development, management, and manipulation of large, complex datasets
- Experience with database & ETL technologies
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.