MMC is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Ashburn, VA office:
Data Center Management Technician
What can you expect?
This individual will be responsible for the day to day activities that enable data center and remote office operations, the support of IT systems, network services, business critical process and procedures that enable the delivery of customer products and services. The ideal candidate is a strongly motivated, self-starter who conducts themselves professionally and works under minimal supervision.
What is in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- Join the leading professional services company in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with a 150-year heritage of shaping industries, driving innovation and serving the public good
- Work in a global, diverse, forward-thinking environment where everyone is encouraged to be a leader and shape their career
- A fast-paced, exciting and friendly culture
- Competitive salary, benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD and Life Insurance, a generous 401k match and PTO allowance
- Culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration in a relaxed environment with a casual dress code
- A company-wide emphasis on Corporate Social Responsibility; all colleagues receive 8 hours of paid time off for volunteering, with the option to join our organized group activities
What you need to have:
- The primary role is that of site based technical resource for the Ashburn, VA co-location site - taking the lead on issues that arise within the DC.
- This will involve regular collaboration with other members of the US & Global Data Center team. It will also involve working as part of a regional and wider global team supporting our other Data Centers and Remote Offices anywhere in the globe.
- The Data Center Technical Support Specialist (engineer) is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and transition of infrastructure in our DC to ensure that our colocation, network and cloud facilities perform to and meet the company's and the Customers satisfaction. This will be working alone or with other IT staff / third party vendors
- The engineer is required to work in a very tightly controlled and regulated environment where accuracy and confidentiality is of prime importance.
- Support break/fix hardware failures, coordinating vendor(s), change requests & ensure system support and application support groups are aware of any issues with the hardware.
- Manage the Data Center incident queues, and ensure timely turnaround time for incident resolution to agreed standards
- Supporting data center provisioning services and hardware lifecycle management procedures which includes system decommissioning, asset disposal and maintaining certificates of destruction for servers, disks media, etc.
- Support of Data Center / Remote Office server room facilities maintenance activities
- Maintaining strict compliance with established process for system decommissioning, data erasure and asset destruction
- Maintaining tracking of deliveries and shipments in our order tracking system in order to manage vendor SLA's and to authorize payment to vendors
- Troubleshoot, triage and resolves problems when necessary.
- Perform basic problem determinations as it relates to day-to-day operations support.
- Maintenance of configuration database for Data Center and remote office assets
- Supporting data center capacity management initiatives to ensure we maintain accurate forecasts for data center capacity
- Maintain compliance to avoid risk of system outages or, compromised data.
- Monitor assigned incidents and changes; ensure compliance with Service Management and Provisioning SLAs.
What makes you stand out:
- Standard 40 hour week, shift to be determined. Duties of role require the flexibility to include evenings and weekends for which overtime is payable.
- 5-7+ years' experience working in a mission critical data center environment
- Broad based knowledge of varied and diverse IT platforms and technologies - we are not looking for an in depth specialist in any areas except that of Data Centers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, 24/7/365 data center mission critical environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent communications with others, especially regarding technical matters
- Ability to understand your audience - from technical specialists up to C-Suite level management
- Knowledge of HVAC, Power, Fire, Data Center building operations and safety
- Knowledge of telecommunications technologies, systems, and circuits
- Advanced data center skills and experience in installing/moving equipment and cabling on a large-scale basis
- Experience with data center management disciplines, including security, configuration management, capacity planning, and environmental monitoring
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to understand server down impact and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to follow established Processes and Procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Provide support for all systems and applications hosted in the Global Data Centers
- Strong process and service delivery principles
- Understanding of ITIL operating principles
- Certified Data Center Technician Professional (or equivalent)
Marsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas ofrisk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries.With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvisesindividual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk managementsolutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clientsgrow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-drivensolutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investmentoutcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInandTwitteror subscribe toBRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.