CURRENT ASSOCIATES OR TEMPORARY ASSOCIATES: Please apply via your internal Workday career account.
It's an exciting time to consider joining OMAX. In April 2019, OMAX Corporation was acquired by Hypertherm, a global 100% employee-owned industrial cutting solutions leader frequently awarded as a Best Place to Work company and celebrated for its culture of ownership and shared rewards. Recently Hypertherm was awarded New Hampshire's Manufacturing company of the decade.
The integration of the two companies is still in process. With the stability of an over 50-year history with no layoffs, Hypertherm does not plan to make significant changes to OMAX's operations or management structure. The company's current offices and manufacturing operations in Kent, WA, will remain intact with no consolidations or reductions planned.
Our Kent, WA facility at OMAX Corporation is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Technician to join our Customer Service Team. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your technical troubleshooting skills and become an associate of an amazing company!
In this role you will be responsible for providing remote, technical support to customers including equipment installation, troubleshooting equipment, drawing issues, software support, part orders, passwords, general questions regarding equipment, and product returns through RMA processing and provide support to OMAX and distributor sales representatives.
- Conduct internal training programs to familiarize OMAX Technicians with specifications and operating parameters to provide redundant service via phone, e-mail and videoconference
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services while communicating effectively using various means such as e-mail, telephone, and Skype and identify and escalate priority client issues to appropriate channels
- Review written and electronic (knowledgebase) material for ongoing suggested improvement to better assist end-users operate and maintain equipment without onsite technical support
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customer/client business
- Periodically review Marketplace Offerings to meet customer needs.Proactively solicit improvement ideas from customers to maximize site utilization
- Help fellow technicians share proven methods of troubleshooting, like documents and organization techniques
- Enter customer interactions into the CRM database, providing clear, concise, and accurate information as a means of communicating to all other departments
- Maintain and grow personal level of technical capabilities.Important technological aspects include computer software, electrical components, mechanical systems, pneumatics and cutting applications and new product releases
- Maintain strong working inter-department relationships within OMAX, such as sales, marketing, planning, engineering, accounting, manufacturing and shipping
- Update and verify machine equipment list, contact information, and address information in CRM database
- Be knowledgeable of water treatment needs in order to provide assistance and instruction as customer situations indicate
- Electrical troubleshooting skills and motor/servo control knowledge
- Flexible work hours will include occasional scheduled weekend and early/late shift phone support coverage
- Attend trade shows as necessary to fully demonstrate machine capabilities
Our ideal candidate will have a 2 year Associates Degree from a technical school or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years in a related technical support, engineering or technician position and previous experience in mechanical and electrical control system troubleshooting
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Office Suite products
- Demonstrated ability to display patience when dealing with customers in difficult situations
- Proper phone, video conference and email etiquette.Experience with video conference troubleshooting desirable
- Effective listening, problem solving skills and willingness to cooperate with others and work toward win/win results
- Multi-tasking skills and willingness to learn required
Hypertherm is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all applications. All employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and our values as an associate-owned company without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.