Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
The Customer and Technical Service Manager provides leadership and coaching to enable the Customer Service & Technical Service team to maintain consistency and standard work. Support continuous improvement initiatives including activities related to Business Development and KPI metrics. Manage short-term projects as required delivering demonstrated improvements. Provide timely and accurate communication to management team regarding progress and concerns related to the Voice-of- Customer and customer service activities. Responsible for daily coaching, team member review and performance feedback to direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily coaching and mentoring of Customer & Technical Service team members
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly KPI metrics are met
- Communicate policy, process, and procedure changes
- Implement new procedures; apply standard work and update SOP's as required, and develop training programs for updates/changes
- Manage Customer & Technical Service team's operations to include staffing, PTO requests, payroll authorization, and daily adjustments within team to support the workload
- Manage productivity; adjusting workload to address periods of peak volume, ensuring that quality and standards are consistently achieved
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement
- Resolve escalated customer dissatisfaction
- Visit customer accounts where appropriate
- Maintain integrity of all TB Wood's customer sales data
- Conduct periodic performance and development reviews; initiate performance improvement plans as required
- Adhere to all safety and health standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ability to lead by example, setting high standards for effective internal and external communication
- Ability to identify performance issues with individuals and provide input for corrective action
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, Power Point & Outlook), ability to master multiple ERP systems and serve as a certified trainer for the team
- Ability to identify and recognize improvement opportunities and drive to implementation
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management to effectively resolve customer concerns
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly with a willingness to obtain functional knowledge and understanding of Company products, policies, and procedures
- Must possess excellent customer service, sound verbal and written communication skills, and interviewing and training experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment both independently and as a team member to improve the service level to the customer
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work well in stressful situation and to remain calm, positive and professional in adverse situations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of sales account management, customer service or manufacturing experience required; 7+ years preferred
- 5+ years of leadership experience required
Work environment includes occasional exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels and dust particles. The incumbent may spend time occasionally in the direct production environment. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during times on the production floor.
Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time, and occasional walking, climbing, or moving around working equipment. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.