About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
As a Recruiter, you're responsible for full lifecycle recruiting and understand the importance of each step. Networking comes naturally to you and you thrive off of making connections that may not naturally happen. You identify, develop, and execute effective sourcing strategies to build teams and organizations. You're a champion of both the business and talent and are responsible for finding talent that no one else can through the relationships you build and the creative and innovative sourcing techniques you employ.
What You'll Do
- Manage full lifecycle recruiting including: offer process and letter generation, reference checks, salary recommendations, and offer acceptance/turn downs.
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring manager, senior management, benefits, relocation, immigration and compensation departments and HR Generalists.
- Own and define staffing strategy and deliver a diverse candidate slate to hiring managers; Educate and train business partners and hiring managers on hiring.
- Effectively manage and build relationships and consult on industry trends with both internal and external business partners.
- Partner with functional area's HR Generalists to support HR initiatives and vision; Collaborate across teams to support improvements and share best practices; Partner with global mobility and immigration partners; Partner with talent branding to ensure advertising strategies align with hiring needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or 3+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience.
- You have experience creating and executing written and visual communications related to talent branding on various social platforms.
- You're tech savvy and have a thorough understanding of applicant tracking systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- You're great at multitasking, can flex and work within multiple functions and/or channels as needed.
- You're a problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement. You're always learning and can effectively articulate opportunities and new strategies to business partners.
- Being organized motivates you. You can effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands; you can maintain professionalism and focus in an ambiguous environment and handle confidential information with discretion and maturity.
- Knowledge of EEO, ADA, and employment laws.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco:
Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.