The Coordinator Patient Safety will assist the Patient Safety Manager (PSM) in providing leadership and expertise in the delivery of safe patient care. In doing so, the Coordinator Patient Safety will coordinate information obtained from the reporting of adverse events, near misses and concerns related to patient safety. The Coordinator Patient Safety will coordinate multiple projects within a multidisciplinary team and gather necessary data. Essential functions of the role include assisting the PSM with the following:
- Reviewing data from Adverse Events (Midas SSOS) to support and monitor the effectiveness of fall reduction programs specifically targeted to patient populations at high risk.
- Design of policy and practice changes that will improve the medication safety program and patient safety goals
- Coordinates patient safety metrics and relevant educational materials / training.
- Creating a safe culture by sharing accountability for patient safety throughout the facility.
- Reviewing legislative and regulatory activities related to patient safety.
- Serves as backup for the following committees: Patient Safety Committee, Occurrence Reporting, Environment of Care Safety, HW Best Care Communications Practice Council, Infection Control Committee, Medication Management Committee, Nursing Quality and Patient Safety Committee, Nursing/Lab Collaboration Committee, Tube System Users Group, Safety First Advocates Committee, Joint Commission Ambulatory Subcommittee, and Joint Commission Readiness Committee.
- Coordination and reporting of National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG), Global Trigger Tool (GTT), The Leapfrog Group, Patient Safety Database, PS Survey, PS Site Visit, and other PS initiatives via surveys and audits.
- Coordination of process improvement projects and task forces.
- Serves as backup for PS TalkRounds, The Joint Commission Mock Surveys, and RCAs.
- Recognizing hospital employees for reporting near misses and Stop the Line events.
The ideal candidate for the Coordinator, Patient Safety role is a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience.
Location/Facility – Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Specialty/Department/Practice – Quality & Patient Safety
Shift/Schedule – Part time/ (3) 8 hour shifts/ days varies
Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 3 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Registered Nurse (RN)