Job ID: 395760
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, monitors the operation of the production processing line and equipment function through CRT interaction. Responsible for plant equipment start-up and shutdowns. Complies with all applicable safety policies and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow all instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations as requested.ISO 14001 TRAINING PLAN
- Monitors control room processing systems through CRT monitor utilization. Adjusts processing parameters as needed to maintain product specifications as outlined by Chief Chemist.
- Successfully complete the Provisional & Certified Training Programs.
- Monitors and properly adjusts process parameters as needed to comply with required emission standards.
- Adjusts processing parameters as needed to achieve desired results as communicated by Supervisors and/or Process Engineer.
- Work closely with Process Engineer to insure the Process Expert is properly functioning. Properly communicate concerns/malfunctions of the Process Expert to Supervisors and/or Process Engineer.
- Effectively communicate process concerns to Shift Supervisor and Team Members as needed.
- Effectively communicate pass-downs to relief to inform them of operations during shift.
- Maintains required processing and emission logs.
- Makes periodic inspections of field conveyors' electrical gauges, bearing temperatures, oil temperatures, and other related equipment data.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems, and related components.
- Analyze and troubleshoots the performance of equipment maintenance and repair when needed.
- Inspects and monitors positions of gates, valves and chutes for proper operations and performs adjustments as needed.
- Inspects pre-heater to ensure proper material flow and make adjustments as needed.
- Transfers raw materials as needed with mobile equipment.
- Operate Callahan Lift Truck as needed.
- Performs silo and bin measurements as specified by the assigned shift.
- Performs general clean-up activities as needed around machinery.
- Operate as Shift Lead as business needs require.
The Control Room Operator must become familiar with ISO 14001 requirements.REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school graduation or equivalent plus two years of college or technical training preferred. Science and/or math emphasis preferred.
- Three to five years of processing experience with responsibility for mechanical and electrical systems preferred in a cement or related industrial plant facility.
- Extensive knowledge of plant operations and processes. Ability to operate programmable logic control systems, use general hand tools, and operate plant processing equipment in a safe manner. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems. Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. Ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Skills needed include logic, problem-solving, decision-making, and verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to have meticulous attention to detail. Ability to monitor all production processing functions to maintain efficiency and quality standards.
- Working requires walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, working in an awkward position, and lifting objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Ability to work at heights up to 250 feet.
Job hazards include frequent exposure to dust, noise, extreme temperatures, and all weather conditions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Seattle Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Electrical, Equipment Operator, Process Engineer, Facilities, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.