Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Contracts Advisor supporting all functional business units. This is a Hybrid WFH position based out of the Houston, TX office.
The Contracts function focuses on all aspects of client contract negotiation and reviews including client tenders and contracts, MOUs, Bidding Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Parent Company Guarantees, subcontract flowdowns and other agreements required to meet the business needs. The contracts team provides support to the Business Units and Business Groupings (BG) in the review of contracts and related documents, identifying and mitigating risk in accordance with the Contracting Policy and contract governance. We are therefore looking for a suitably qualified Contracts Advisor who is keen to develop a good
understanding of contracts and progress within the contracts function.
- Drafting, review and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts with clients and operators in
the energy, oil and gas, infrastructure and construction industries.
- Support Head of Contracts with functional reporting and initiatives.
- Ability to negotiate client contracts and MSAs under the supervision of the Head of Contracts /
- Negotiation of consultancy agreements, confidentiality agreements, low risk/low value contracts
with clients, standard form contracts and purchase orders.
- Assistance with the terms and conditions of/negotiation of subcontracts in support of the
- Negotiation and drafting of MOUs, bidding agreements and co-operation agreements under the
supervision of their manager.
- Ability to draft and edit documents for compliance with the group-wide Contracting Policy (CP) and
to follow the relevant internal contracting policies and processes.
- Interface with the Commercial, Tax, Insurance and Legal Departments and any other functions as
- Provide input to commercial handovers to the execution teams for successfully awarded contracts.
- Assist embedding the financial management framework.
- Personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the overall Company HSSE & S
policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Business Ethics Policy.
- Ensure compliance with the group-wide Contracting Policy (CP).
Skills / Qualifications
- JD or international equivalent is preferred.
- Must be currently licensed, admitted to practice, and in good standing in the United States, Canada, and/or one or more Latin American countries.
- Experience and proven track record of contract review and negotiation in a service company
- In addition to undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, the individual should have
work experience in the industry which would allow understanding of and exposure to key
- Experience in the negotiation and set up of JVs, MOUs, bidding agreements and consortium
- Base knowledge of contract terms, contract principles and drafting and roll out of contracting
- Working knowledge of the Company Finance and HR / P&O systems.
- Awareness of all relevant corporate and project procedures.
- Proven track record in contracts review, development and negotiation.
- Excellent understanding of Client contract structures, principles and policies.
- Approximately 0-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Strong client focus and ability to build relationships and trust.
- Contribute to the overall continuous improvement process.
- Team player.
- Proactive attitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.