Role: Contracts Specialist
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Reports to: Ryan Gutwald, Vice President of Administration & Risk Management
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane is a coast-to-coast crane rental and lift solutions company specializing in crane rental and turnkey lifting services including operated, maintained, and bare rentals. As specialists within our field, we offer innovative solutions to meet your project’s needs. With one of the most modern and extensive fleets of portable cranes in the world, Maxim Crane can supply you with equipment with a range of capacities. Situated in over 60 locations, each branch can provide management services, including transportation, risk management, safety and insurance programs that are unparalleled in the industry. With our expansive resources, we are a one-stop shop for your project needs.
The Contracts Specialist's primary responsibility is to review, revise, negotiate and finalize customer contracts as well as revisions suggested to Maxim Crane standard agreements. The successful candidate must have a meticulous nature suited to reading for the majority of each workday paying close attention to detail; possess good writing skills; and be an effective communicator/negotiator (through both the written and spoken word). The Contracts specialist will be exposed to Maxim Crane employees and suppliers/customers throughout the U.S. on a daily basis. The Maxim Crane Legal Department has a team mentality and the Contracts Specialist will have constant interaction with all members of the Department including the Chief Legal Officer/General Counsel.
* Review Customer Agreements, Contracts, Purchase Orders, and other legal documents to identify areas of legal and operational concern
* Work with Maxim sales reps as well as client contacts to negotiate and modify problematic clauses in above documents
* Manage all updates and modifications to Maxim Crane standard contract documents
* Work within and update documents within Maxim Crane’s contract database
Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree
* Experience as a Contract Review Specialist or equivalent role in the construction or related industry
* Strong analytical and organization skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Keen attention to detail with an ability to spot errors
* Ability to work with various Maxim Crane employees including clerks, sales personnel, and executives
* Ability to work with customers and outside counsel
* Excellent time-management skills
* Ability to work both independently and in a group environment
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!