DCP Midstream builds connections to enable better lives. As a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society, we focus on technology and innovation, and safely and reliably operating a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity and want to hire top talent for every job opening. If you believe you have the skills and qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply even if your background is unique or non-traditional. We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and support our employees with opportunities for continual growth, ongoing training, and internal mobility.
Benefits and Additional Compensation
All employees contribute to DCP's success, and all jobs are eligible to share that success through our short-term incentive program. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and other unique offerings including flexible work arrangements for applicable positions. Health and wellness are a priority, and our paid time off benefits include generous and inclusive parental leave, sick time, and vacation.
The Construction Specialist oversees routine construction and maintenance projects in our plants and gathering systems. They perform the planning, execution and inspections of the various routine construction projects needed on the plant and field systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Oversees the construction of routine or smaller scale capital projects including boosters, gas plant improvements, gas treaters, and pipelines. Oversees contract construction superintendents and contract crews; provides work direction to DCP maintenance, operations, and construction personnel as required.
- Ensures that Safety is a top priority for all contract and company personnel associated with capital projects.
- Works closely with Project Engineers and Project Managers to ensure that constructability is a major factor in designs.
- Develops and reviews construction planning and monitors progress of allocated projects to ensure they are on schedule and within quality and cost estimates.
- Authorizes and directs construction planning, programming and on-site completion schedules.
- Responsible for inspections of construction projects. Enforces all company standards and safety requirements as they relate to work performed by contractors and subcontractors. Prepares written reports, prepares and maintains as-built drawings. May provide skilled oversight of multiple inspection teams and coordination of contractors' efforts. Oversees on-site inspections and tours for regulatory agencies and customers.
- Determines materials and equipment necessary for job completion. Assists with procurement of the materials and equipment in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Plans and arranges for contract crews, company personnel, etc. necessary to execute each project.
- Monitors project construction to determine if work is being executed within project specifications and in conformation with DCP required practices and applicable government regulations.
- Takes a lead role to ensure that both company and contractor resources are being utilized efficiently.
- Maintains all required documentation and performs project status reporting tasks as required by Project Managers and DCP.
- Perform various administrative tasks (review of field work tickets and invoices for accuracy and to ensure justification, collection/verification of time reports to verify contractor charges, etc.).
- Communicate and interact with other DCP employees, contractors, suppliers, and other stakeholders in a professional, businesslike manner at all times.
- Responds to rapidly changing priorities, re-allocating resources and adjusting schedules as required to meet company needs.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate has 2 years' experience in midstream gas gathering / gas plant / pipeline or chemical plant construction, although employees typically have 3-7 years of experience.
- Computer expertise including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to produce coherent and accurate reports and records.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering construction drawings, process and instrument drawings, and isometric drawings.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
- This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- The salary is 75,300-120,500.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Operations / Full-timeJob Posting:
Sep 9, 2022, 9:21:05 AM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.