From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
In November 2021, CBRE acquired controlling ownership interest in Turner & Townsend forming a strategic partnership between the firms. Effective January 1, 2023, CBRE Heery, formerly operating under CBRE, will now operate as a subsidiary of Turner & Townsend Inc. CBRE Heery will continue under the legal entity name "CBRE Heery" until such time that a formal name change to "Turner & Townsend Heery" is made.
CBRE Heery is seeking a Construction Project Manager to monitor construction projects for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery on ground-up construction projects in Seattle.
- Conduct periodic site visits to monitor the progress of construction.
- Review status of work completed during the period covered.
- Review that work is generally proceeding in a good and workmanlike manner and in general accordance with the approved drawings and specifications.
- Review contractors' direct cost payment requisitions and budget status.
- Review of subcontracts, bonds/subcontractor default insurance.
- Review of change orders.
- Review of Developer's monthly job cost reports and opine on adequacy of contingency.
- Review of construction and disbursement schedules.
- Review of lien waiver and other documentation submitted by the Developer.
- Prepare project status reports and recommend the release of construction funds.
- Review contract drawings and specifications and opine for completeness and general compliance with commonly accepted architectural /engineering best practices.
- Analyze the Developer's direct and indirect cost budget including cost estimate back-up coordinate with the Cost Advisory group performing parameter estimates, spot quantity take-offs
- Review of supporting documentation submitted by the Developer, contractor and subcontractors.
- Review and make relevant comments concerning the terms of the construction agreement, the submitted subcontracts, architectural and engineering design agreements, building loan agreement as well as review both Contractor and Architect's qualification statements.
- Review and comment on construction and disbursement schedules as well as other submitted document including but not limited to:
- Zoning approvals
- Certified surveys
- Building permits and approvals
- Utility company approval letters
- Soil and foundation engineering reports
- Designer's certification of code and ADA compliance.
- Prepare Construction Risk Assessment Reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate complex figures.
- Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment.
- Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
- Knowledge of the entitlement/permitting process and construction delivery methods and agreements.
- Familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types and systems.
- Passion for being detail oriented and highly organized.
Additional InformationThe salary range for this full-time role is $100k-$135k per year. Ranges are determined by role and level and represent a good faith effort to provide a fair and equitable salary. This range is a reflection of base salary only, not of a total compensation package. Please note Turner & Townsend reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range, depending on candidate's experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum four or more years' construction administration, architecture, engineering or similar experience.
- Public sector construction experience required.
- Licensure as either a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect is desired.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com
. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com
. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects: TwitterInstagramLinkedIn
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
This job has expired.