Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a great career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Field Compressor Mechanic in Carlsbad, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The mechanic will provide Maintenance and support on production facilities and compressor/booster stations.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ensure operations sites are being maintained in a safe manner.
- Coordinating and planning major overhauls of Compressor packages
- Routine maintenance and support on reciprocating & screw compressors
- Work on VRU's and gas lift
- Coordinating and overseeing major repairs and overhauls on pumps, compressors and engines
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintenance of equipment associated with gas liquefaction and production facilities
- Working directly with vendors to resolve rotating equipment/parts issues
- Working directly with engineers to resolve compressor issues
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years oilfield industry experience and or and or mechanically inclined
- Working knowledge of screw & reciprocating compressors
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn and take direction from experienced facility personnel
- Basic Computer skills needed for planning, scheduling, record keeping, regulations, engine analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Self-starter with strong planning, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated HSE leadership ability & desire to deliver Zero Incident HSE results
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.