This position is a leader in supporting enterprise multi line and worker compensation compliance and quality goals through research, analysis and auditing of compliance and quality issues relating to claims, assisting with the establishment and implementation of enterprise best practices, involvement with claims, and internal systems support. This position will focus on multiline and workers compensation including the development of enterprise compliance procedures and training and participate in audits to ensure consistent application of compliance-driven process throughout the enterprise.
Additional Responsibilities/Tasks for COMPLIANCE CONSULTANT:
- Create and support compliance activities to ensure the organization and overall enterprise remain compliant with state standards.
- Partner with leadership from OGACC, business development, claims and underwriting to address compliance issues. Intervenes to correct issues affecting compliance.
- Acts as independent visionary and proactive authority, providing in-depth analysis of underwriting, claims, loss control, financial, statistical, industry and regulatory perspectives.
- Keeps abreast of compliance best practices and procedures for all relevant states and lines of business.
- Analyzes, researches and reports on compliance trends, issues, laws, rules, regulations and assists with the establishment and implementation of best practices.
- Tracks and monitors state responses on filings and other matters to ensure regulatory issues are addressed in a timely manner, while coordinating with other subject matter experts if needed.
- May conduct research of state specific filing requirements or historical filings and review of filing materials provided by business partners.
- Researches and develops policies and procedures for compliance.
- Develops and implements reference materials, training programs and other pertinent communications.
- Researches, develops, and delivers training materials for internal and external customers.
- Researches new states and/or lines of business for potential compliance concerns and provides educational material, as necessary.
- Researches and responds to questions and concerns from business units and others on compliance related processes and decisions.
- Works directly with internal and external customers and project teams to ensure successful implementations of initiatives or work activities which may be highly confidential and sensitive.
- Coordinates and participates in compliance audits to ensure consistent application of compliance processes throughout enterprise, including determining audit parameters, reviewing files, analyzing results and contributing to communication of audit findings.
- Drives the implementation and validation of compliance requirements for diversification efforts.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrates progressive responsibility and technical knowledge applying principles based on experience.
- Works on most difficult and complex problems which have broader enterprise impact.
- Independently resolves situations with minimal to no supervision from others.
- Primary representative and liaison for strategic projects and initiatives.
- Contributes effectively in cross functional teams; may take on leadership role or fill in for the leader in their absence.
- May represent AF Group on key committees, as well as in community and industry, programs and conferences.
- Leads compliance audit process to ensure consistent application of compliance processes throughout enterprise, including determining audit parameters, reviewing files, analyzing results and contributing to communication of audit findings.
- Oversees the implementation and validation of compliance requirements for diversification efforts.
- Demonstrates proper collaboration in exchange of relevant elements with other disciplines (e.g., loss control).
- Demonstrates well-developed conflict management/negotiation and presentation skills.
- Provides assistance with training, development and mentoring of staff.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field or the equivalent in relevant coursework and experience. Continuous learning required, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy. Certification, or progress toward, highly preferred and encouraged. CPCU designation strongly preferred. EXPERIENCE: Compliance Consultant:
Minimum ten years experience in a Property & Casualty compliance environment, or equivalent. Thorough familiarity with Property & Casualty insurance concepts that provide the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
Additional SKAs for Compliance Consultant:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of jurisdictional laws, regulatory authorities and industry trends.
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance concepts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret claim and/or policy documents, technical and financial information and procedure manuals.
- Ability to research laws, regulations or issues, in order to offer guidance and/or direction to others.
- Ability to develop and facilitate technical training and procedural documents.
- Ability to understand business needs and conceptualize and implement processes and procedures that support business strategies from a compliance perspective.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Expert knowledge of compliance environment for one or more property and casualty insurance lines of business, including jurisdictional laws, regulatory authorities and industry trends and their impact.
- Extensive knowledge of claims, loss control, regulatory filings and/or underwriting concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of departmental procedures, processes and workflow.
- Ability to handle the most difficult, complex, high-touch and labor-intensive projects.
- Ability to develop and facilitate technical training at an expert level.
- Ability to lead key department initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Minimal travel may be required with occasional overnight stays.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.