Interface Security Systems is seeking an experienced Commercial Fire Alarm and Electronic Systems Inspector!
Inspection of customer premises with a focus on their fire alarm, intrusion detection, and video surveillance systems.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager,
Inspectors follow guidelines to conduct thorough inspections of buildings and structures to ensure fire codes are being met and that the fire protection systems set in place are functioning. If they discover unsafe conditions, they may also revisit the location to ensure steps were taken to correct the issue. Once the inspection takes place, they would need to write a detailed report which would include what inspections took place if any unsafe conditions were discovered, and any recommendations given. Fire inspectors may also, after receiving proper authorization, repair minor system defects or replace damaged or outdated parts and materials.
Inspectors may also be called upon to inspect intrusion and video surveillance systems for proper function and provide necessary documentation and recommendations.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMERCIAL FIRE ALARM AND ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS INSPECTOR
Job Requirements Job RequirementsCommercial Fire Alarm and Electronic System Inspector
- Daily hands-on field interaction with commercial customers at the site level and some smaller customer care levels.
- Effectively read commercial blueprints and diagrams.
- Work directly in the field, using the most efficient methods to solve service issues.
- Properly request off-site service equipment needs through Dispatch.
- Provide customer training as needed.
- Troubleshoot service issues remotely and on-site as needed.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels by conducting physical inventory counts.
- Maintain, verify, and submit all documentation for inventoried items per the company policy.
- Maintain a company vehicle for cleanliness and safe operation at all times.
- Maintain proper documentation and forethought with scheduling and necessary inventory to complete upcoming services.
- Keep detailed records and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Extensive low voltage wiring knowledge.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- NICET Certification Desired.
- State licensed/ Journeyman's License Preferred (or ability to attain).
- U.S citizens or have the authorization to work in the U.S as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
- If applicable, hold a state fire/burg license, or ability to do so.
- Possess a clean criminal and driving record, ability to pass a drug screening and physical examination.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Thorough understanding and past experience with alarm, video surveillance, and fire systems.
- General previous experience within the low voltage industry.
- Ability to climb a ladder and handle equipment and tools while on the ladder.
- Maintain industry certifications and licenses as required.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency; self-motivated.
- Dependable independent problem solver.
- Lead by example.
- Differing work hours
- Ability to lift 40lbs up to 10 times a day
- Outdoor work (all seasons) required
Commercial Fire Alarm and Electronic System Inspector:
Candidates will have extensive knowledge of intrusion, fire alarm, video surveillance systems. Knowledge of access control, audio, and other related systems is a plus. Previous experience within the alarm industry installing or servicing this type of equipment is preferred. Must be able to obtain a state alarm license. Excellent customer service skills are a plus. Candidates must have a clean driving record.
Interface Security Systems is a leading managed services provider delivering managed network, asset protection, and business intelligence solutions to distributed enterprises. We streamline operations, improve security, reduce IT costs, and enhance the customer experience, maximizing ROI for the nation's most successful brands.
At Interface, we are passionate about connecting and protecting what matters most to businesses ... their people, their assets, and their brand. We thrive on empowering distributed enterprises with solutions that help simplify complex challenges. We deliver nothing less than complete customer satisfaction through innovative and adaptive technology, customized services, and relentless customer support. What enables us to be truly exceptional are our people and a culture where teamwork, respect, and an innovative spirit thrive.
So, come and join our winning team and maximize your potential and achieve your professional development goals.
Interface Security Systems offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, the opportunity for growth, and much more. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Interface Security Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Interface Security Systems will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the Interface Security Systems, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability.