Every day, our team members do amazing things in pursuit of our shared purpose to build trust with our clients, partners, subcontractors, and teammates. No matter your background, education, or career path, if you share our vision to create extraordinary experiences, you belong at HITT.
Commercial Construction Assistant Superintendent
The Assistant Superintendent (Assistant Supt.) supports managing work flow consistent with the project schedule, communicates project priorities to field staff and subcontractors, maintains daily log/report of all activities and site conditions, and manages the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance. The Assistant Supt. understands and administers the HITT safety program to include all subcontractors, ensures that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assists in safety inspection by outside agencies. The Assistant Supt. assists in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the building aspects of each project in order to meet budget, quality, time and safety objectives.
- Work with project manager in formulating project schedule, ensure that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, makes and follows through with schedule commitments
- Maintain HITT quality standards for all aspects of the project
- Maintain good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project, develop relationships within the community that enhances business opportunities, and ensure subcontractors are treated fairly.
- Ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
- Develop and organize the site team, arrange for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identify long lead items that need to be expedited
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply. HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.
- High school diploma required, four-year degree from an accredited university with a concentration in construction, engineering, or business is strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years' experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
- Tenant renovations, service work, work in occupied spaces, weekend work, fast paced project experience all a plus
- Project lead experience a plus
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam,
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time and the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience appropriate business writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry
- Gather data, interpret it into meaningful information, and relay that information through clear, concise communication strategies; ability to see how pieces and processes fit into and affect the bigger picture/business model
- Organize and manage tasks and priorities
- Demonstrate integrity consistently with The HITT Way and HITT's core values
- Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities, internal focus on self-improvement
- Adapt and exercise flexibility with the ever-changing world of technology, design, means and methods
- Collaborate with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Create and maintain relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Exhibit respectfulness by being punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others