Overview / Responsibilities
Under supervision, perform commercial administration duties supporting both pre and post contract activities.
Assist with the delivery of commercial reporting to corporate function and assigned project / sub business group. Assist with the administration and delivery of key policies and procedures including the Financial Management Framework, Fixed Budget Contracting, business performance reviews, supporting the facilities construction projects and other activities associated with the Commercial Operating Model.
Support reporting to Business Group and Business Unit as required.
Remote work option is available with this position.
- Promote safe working practices within commercial function.
- Support Commercial handover to post contract and the development of Commercial Plans for new projects.
- Develop contractual knowledge
- Support the commercial administration of minor facilities projects
- Support with the administration of post contract activities, including; ensuring that the contract is set up correctly in the appropriate business system, project specific commercial administration activities and commercial files are established and maintained.
- Assist with preparation and registering of correspondence in connection with Project commercial and contractual matters;
- Assists in preparation of monthly commercial management reports.
- Support the Project Manager(s) in preparing and finalizing the Project progress reporting (internal and external);
- Participate in Internal Project Reviews;
- Develop knowledge of cost/value reporting and end life forecasting of projects
- Assist with facilitation of risk management review - project and business level.
- Support implementation of project commercial plan and profit improvement plan development
- Manage registration / storage of any securities (bond, warrantees & Guarantees), along with insurance matters, seeking Senior Commercial Manager assistance were necessary;
- Support implementation of the Tender Governance Process within assigned project / sub business unit where appropriate
- Support governance and implementation of Financial Management Framework within assigned project / sub business group.
- Assist with the administration of the Fixed Budget Contracting toolkit.
- Liaison with various internal customers (Contract/Project Managers, Engineers) in all areas of commercial administration.
- Enhance project delivery and avoid any risk or commercial exposure to WOOD.
Contribute directly to value creation and commercial gain to WOOD and Clients.
Skills / Qualifications
The Commercial Assistant must have good communication skills, with the drive to assist in the delivery of WOOD core values and commercial processes and procedures in an ethical manner. Have of commercial administration processes and procedures. Qualifications and experience:
- College Diploma
- Knowledge and experience of business administration and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software
- Working knowledge of systems such as Convero and Oracle
- Demonstrate commitment to WOOD and client Core Values
- Demonstrate commitment to WOOD Commercial Process and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage others
Ability to prioritise key tasks and solve problems for the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.