The Command Center Analyst II is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of network and Infrastructure operations. Provide customer service, troubleshooting, as well as incident escalation for all users contacting the Command Center, and act as escalation point for Tier I Support. Tier II Engineer is shift based and may be required to work on a rotating schedule.
What you'll do
What you'll need
- Provide Tier II network and customer service support for mission critical 24/7 Data Centers
- Participate in the weekly 24/7 on-call schedule
- Provide proactive and reactive assistance to all external customers
- Provide support and guidance for Tier 1 Technician when a problem is out of their scope of knowledge.
- Act as escalation point for issues escalated from the Tier I Support Engineering Team.
- Provide support for a complex network environment including problem solving, ability to take ownership of unfamiliar tasks and problems and see through to completion.
- Detects and analyzes alarms to provide basic to moderate fault isolation and troubleshooting, escalating to Tier III or management if necessary
- Prioritize work properly to consistently achieve departmental and company goals.
- Responsible for Customer and Internal Updates
- Establishing effective lines of communication with Tier III team and management to ensure cases are flagged that require immediate attention
- Thorough documentation of incident, Maintenance and problem details in near real-time.
- Ensure SLA's are met for as per customer agreement
- Maintain and update current knowledge and skills through internal and external training, continuing education and professional associations
- 5+ years of experience working in a 24/7 Network Operation Center
- 5+ years of experience providing customer care and technical support.
- 5+ years of experience with routers, switches such as Cisco and Juniper
- Advanced network experience and a strong troubleshooting background
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
- Knowledge of transport and transmission systems relevant to SONET, DWDM, OCx, or Ethernet and IP Services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
- Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved
- Discipline and tenacity to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work on projects with limited supervision
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft: Windows Operating Systems, Office Suite versions, and Visio.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- CCNA preferred
Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated may need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements if required per your job requirement, work location and customer obligations, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers' infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
This job has expired.