The Collections Manager is primarily responsible for addressing specialized needs of the Firm's Client Receivables Management. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing Client account receivable profiles, working closely with Billing Attorneys, reaching out to Client contacts to ensure timely payments of outstanding invoices, successfully resolving difficult to collect receivables and providing firm leadership with information, analysis and action plans regarding Client payment trends, risks and challenges. Candidate will have the opportunity to lead, motivate and educate members of the collections team in the effort to convert receivables into revenue on a predictable schedule.
Representative Key Responsibilities
• Lead and/or assist with all aspects of collections with a focus on delinquent accounts and response to Client and Billing Attorney inquiries in an effective, efficient, and professional manner
• Maintain constant communication/interaction with Clients and Billing Attorneys regarding status of client receivables; provide regular (at least monthly) update information to Billing Attorneys regarding the status of their Client receivables positions
• Deliver a high level of service to ensure Billing Attorney and Client satisfaction while exercising appropriate discretion and independent judgment in the execution of said duties
• Work to help develop improved workflow methods for common AR tasks that will minimize time required of Billing Attorneys for request/approvals but still maintain appropriate internal controls
• Build effective working relationships with Billing and Accounts Receivable departments and team members; interact closely with the Accounts Receivable team to ensure timely and accurate postings of client payments
• Provide education sessions to the collections team to ensure continuous production improvement and reinforce positive skills for interfacing with clients and staff; assigns workloads and manages schedules to ensure timely collection of receivables
• Serve as liaison between the local offices and the firmwide Finance department; assist attorneys, secretaries and local office committee members with financial reporting and special collection projects.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience
• The successful candidate will have the equivalent of a BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related experience, preferably in a large legal or professional services company
• Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience with knowledge of legal billing/professional services, Aderant (preferred)
• Experience that demonstrates growth and/or advancement in complexity, difficulty, or level of responsibility
• Proven background in finance with increasing responsibilities in leadership
Required Skills and Abilities
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels.
Physical Requirements of the Position
• Ability to lift a file box (approximately 20 lbs.)
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please contact us at PillsburyWorkday@pillsburylaw.com .