12 Hour Night Shift
Using the Quality Caring Model, the Labor & Delivery Nurse (L&D Nurse) demonstrates expertise in performance and application of the nursing process to plan and manage the care of patients in the Labor and Delivery setting.
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: 12 Hour Shifts
Location: Germantown, MD
- Competitive pay; Sign-On Bonus to qualified applicants
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Opportunities to advance through the Clinical Advancement Program
- Using the Quality Caring Model, the Labor & Delivery Nurse (L&D Nurse) demonstrates expertise in performance and application of the nursing process to plan and manage the care of patients in the Labor and Delivery setting.
- This role reports to the Director of Labor & Delivery.
- The L&D Nurse has a high level of autonomy while collaborating with our care management team, including anesthesiologist, physician, Level II NICU team and charge nurse.
What you will needRequired:
- Utilize critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage delivery complications.
- Monitoring fetal heartbeat as well as administering medication, coaching the mother and assisting with any complications that may arise during delivery.
- Assist and circulate in operating room for cesarean sections, tubal, and emergency obstetric and gynecological procedures.
- Charting via electronic medical records using EPIC.
- Newborn care after delivery and maternal postpartum care as needed.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; basic professional nursing degree (with requirement to obtain a BSN/MSN within a specific time frame)
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS certification (American Heart Association)
- At least 1 year of nursing experience in Labor & Delivery
- BSN or MSN preferred
- EFM (Electronic Fetal Monitoring) certification from NCC; or obtain within 1st year of hire
- NRP certification; or obtain within 1st year of hire
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.Holy Cross Hospital has received the award and achievement of being one of Healthgrades 2021 and 2022 America's 100 Best Hospitals.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.