Overview / Responsibilities
Civil Supervisor - Contractor
Wood is seeking a Civil Sup ervisor to provide site support to the O perations Manager and Site Manager for the safe control of work activities in accordance with procedures within the Project Sabic TIP.
You will ensure that all documentation associated with the Work Control Certificate/Perm is attached including - Isolation Control Certificates, marked up drawings or P&IDs, Task Risk Assessment, COSHH Manual Handling Certificate and electrical safety documents (Permit to Work, Sanction for Test, Limitation of Access)
Prime responsibilities and duties:
- Liaise with subcontractors to ensure all appropriate civil, mechanical, process, electrical hazards and controls have been identified for task.
- Ensure appropriate level of risk assessment has been carried out for the task, control measures have been put in place prior to allowing a Work Control Certificate (WCC) to go live.
- Confirm the sub contractors fully understand the scope of the task and the other members of the work party have been fully briefed, via the toolbox talk.
- Ensure that worksite inspections are carried out before, during and after the completion of each task, adequate handovers take place at shift change, crew change or at periodic change out.
- Support the site team and health issues within experience and competence, undertake HSSE audits and attend permit meetings where appropriate.
- Ensure that construction contractors working within his discipline adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, Specifications, ITP's, Procedures and Site Instructions.
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to his/her particular discipline and area of work.
- In conjunction with the contractors supervision, planning engineers, and the Discipline Superintendent, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule.
- Ensure control of changes by assisting the Discipline Superintendent to issuing instructions for all changes, reviewing TQ's to ensure responses are appropriate and practical, review and action ARN's to ensure correct use of construction resources.
- Inform the Discipline Superintendent on specific areas where the programme needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries.
- Continually review material and equipment deliveries and report discrepancies and/or shortages to the Discipline Superintendent and Material Controller.
- Routinely review the construction contractors scope within his area as detailed in drawings, specifications, requisitions and instructions, ensuring contractors proper interpretation and compliance with latest revision AFC issues.
- Witness, inspect and maintain surveillance checks on contractors work in accordance with the site quality plan requirements, and agreed ITP's.
- Review contractors manpower, plant, equipment, and coordinate resource requirements with the Discipline Superintendent in a timely fashion to ensure a high level of productivity.
- Ensure plant equipment certification is current and available at site with inspection and maintenance carried out in the prescribed manner.
Skills / Qualifications
- HNC/HND in a civil/structural engineering or built environment qualification
- Hands on experience of planning construction logistics and execution
- Previous EPCm experience
- Experience of constructability and hazard identification
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.