Location: Lincolnia, VA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Chief Facility Engineer
Our client is looking for an Chief Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to support our mission critical customer. Must be a US Citizen. Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The selected candidate will perform as a lead and expert on the most complex engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally recognized as an expert in significant engineering task areas. The Chief Facility Engineer is responsible for the overall management and operation of the mechanical, life safety, electrical and plumbing operations of the facility.
- Perform a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks independently providing supervision of contributing engineers.
- Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews independently or as the team leader.
- Generate complete design specifications for the most complex projects.
- Acts as and is recognized as a Company/industry expert resource on the most complex engineering problems
- May lead/supervisor engineering teams and act as a mentor to engineering team members.
- May train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, design, development, testing and analysis of engineering assignments.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
- Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- May provide technical management and leadership to a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule technical and employee performance.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and at least 10 years of job-related experience, 18 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree, and be a registered Professional Engineer.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Position may require travel. Must be a US citizen.
- Must possess and maintain an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must possess experience in:
- Monitoring and implementing energy conservation measures.
- Building management systems, including CMMS, BAS, and EPMS.
- Operating and repairing all sizes of chillers, boilers, pumps, motors, air handlers, HVAC units, and UPS systems.Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com