Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a CDL Truck Driver with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Complete a daily vehicle inspection report that accurately depicts the condition of the vehicle.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Communicate necessary information to bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable company, state and federal regulations.
- Obtain necessary block entry permits, as required by a client owned facility, prior to entering their properties and/or operational units.
- Maneuver trucks into fuel loading and equipment refueling positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle is properly positioned.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma (GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- Minimum 1 year of experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with HAZMAT mandatory, (HAZMAT with "P" endorsement a plus). Vacuum Truck Experience.
- Current DOT physical certification.
- Ability to obtain a IMS Fuel Truck Equipment Certification card.
- Employee must have and maintain a clear driving record in accordance with both the D.O.T. and IMS driving Policy.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Active Listening - Ability to follow instructions and meet set standards for hauling and scheduling.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Reading Comprehension - Read and interpret road maps or driving directions. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Be able to judge distances and weights accurately. Ability to respond in an emergency.
- Driving Requirements - Driving ability consistent with maintaining a clear driving
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.