You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter. You enjoy being the first person on the scene working in different environments with heavy equipment. You like being part of a team and feel accomplished after a hard day's work. You can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and off the jobsite. You desire to learn new skills, take safety seriously, and advance within a growing company.
You will be responsible for efficiently transporting hazardous/nonhazardous waste according to DOT & HAZMAT regulations with a Commercial Driver License. In addition, you will be required to respond to Emergency Response Calls to perform clean ups, spills and other duties and be on an on call 24/7 rotation.
Day in the Life
What you need to apply
- Perform work under the direction of a Supervisor or Foreman involving the clean-up of hazardous & nonhazardous waste and materials
- Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement
- Perform daily inspection and required preventative maintenance of trucks, equipment, and vehicles; ensure readiness for use
- Comply with Company, DOT and HAZMAT regulations as a driver including logs, time sheets, expense reports, vehicle inspection reports, etc.
- Properly load/unload hazardous/non-hazardous waste; adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of company equipment
- Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects
- Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management
For your hard work
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A (preferred) or B w/hazmat & tanker endorsement
- 3 years clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- HAZWOPER 40 hour training highly desired, but we will train
- Ability to wear and use personal protective equipment (PPE) & be clean shaven at all times
- Pass a pre-employment physical & background screening
- Able to be on call rotation 24/7/365 for emergency response calls.
- Willing to travel out of town on short notice
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.