West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV is currently inviting applications for the following employment opportunity:
Campus Service Worker day shift, is classified, part-time and benefits eligible.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Adhere to established standard procedures, techniques and safety requirements.
- Use judgment to interpret instructions.
- Clean and maintain interior appearance of all buildings, including floors, carpets, furniture, walls, bathrooms, kitchens and more.
- Clean and maintain exterior appearance of all buildings, including removing leaves and debris, cleaning gutters, removing snow and ice, spreading salt, washing graffiti, and more.
- Operate various machinery, including walk-behind and riding scrubbers, high-speed burnishers, and hand and power tools.
- Properly mix and dilute commercial strength disinfectants, detergents and solutions, calculating the appropriate amount to use.
- Relocate offices and classrooms by lifting and loading/unloading furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc., using handtrucks, dollies and other equipment.
- Assist in set-up and tear-down of equipment for special events.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks, including collecting trash and recycling, replenishing supplies, locking/unlocking doors, assisting other workers and responding to various requests.
- Remain current in safety requirements and attend periodic training sessions.
Monday – Friday and scheduling may be subject to frequent change.Pay Grade:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED: OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Zero to six (0-6) months of directly related work experience.
- Physical capability to perform duties of the position including long periods of standing and walking. bending, stooping and climbing, and lifting of heavy items weighting approximately 5O to 75 pounds.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring exposure to dust. fumes chemicals (i.e. cleaning solutions), and variations in indoor temperatures and outside weather conditions.
- Ability to maintain proper attendance and punctuality standards.
This job has expired.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Working on ladders at varying heights - Daily
- Working with hazardous chemicals or waste - Daily
- Climbing stairs. bending, stooping - Daily
- Carrying, dragging. and lifting of objects weighing up to 50 - 75 pounds-Daily
- Work under adverse temperature and/or weather conditions - Daily