Responsible for performing tasks for multiple divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors which may be highly confidential and sensitive utilizing considerable independent judgment. Performs administrative work, including, organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling and exchanging, and sometimes analyzing information for divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors and their departments. Assists in implementing department activities and communications, internal and external.
- Secures and coordinates domestic travel arrangements for divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors and staff for multiple departments. Prepares and compiles travel vouchers and maintains all travel records.
- Develops, compiles and maintains various filing systems and informational databases and generates reports as requested or as scheduled.
- Responsible for ensuring the departmental compliance to corporate standards (i.e. travel, purchasing, timekeeping, licensing).
- Coordinate all set-up/onboarding of newly hired or transferred employees and provide departmental orientation and training.
- Mentoring and training
- Maintain and Create documents and activities found in the queues such as Cherwell, ADP, Business Objects, Concur, OnBase, Stratacare etc.
- Coordinates the attributes and assignments for assigned business unit(s).
- Coordinates team's reporting, which includes scheduling, tracking hours and generating reports to support the team.
- Assists in implementing activities and communications for the department.
- Greets and assists visitors, vendors or customers, as necessary and appropriate. Coordinate parking access, directions and building access, etc.
- Compiles, prepares and reviews for accuracy information and reports as requested or scheduled (i.e. metrics, scorecards, compliance, cost center etc.).
- Informs appropriate staff of issues as necessary.
- Monitors, maintain, and renew licenses, memberships and certifications for multiple business units. (CIC, CPCU, CAWC, etc.)
- Makes photocopies and uses other office equipment as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Additional Responsibilities for BOS II:
- Coordinates special projects when requested
- Coordinates office activities and communications for the divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors for the multi-functional business units. Prioritizes and follows up on information and requests to and from divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors/executive staff. Updates divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors/executive staff on current issues as necessary.
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of department goals.
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares documents. Briefs divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors regarding content.
- Creates, reviews and approves expense reports for divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors and their staff for multiple business units.
- Collaborates, research, collect and provide budgetary information to divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors and staff of multiple departments on such things as trinket purchase/shipping, etc. for conventions, agent meetings, employee events, for all regions in Business Development (i.e. AFICA, Small Business, AFXpress, statewide)
- Prepares, coordinate, and create materials for presentations for divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors and their staff for multiple departments (i.e. agent audits, calculating mods, monthly reports, TeleCompCare, loss runs per agent requests, expense and mileage reports, etc.)
This description identifies the responsibilities typically associated with the performance of the job. The percentage of time in any responsibility may vary between positions. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or G.E.D. Associates Degree in business or related field preferred. Combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of three years general office experience with a minimum of two years in a administrative support position or equivalent experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities.
Additional Experience required for BOS II:
With the proper education credentials, four years of administrative support or relevant experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to work effectively in a multi functional business unit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills as required to perform job duties and acquires new or additional computer skills/training as needed.
- Ability to transcribe information into meeting minutes using computers, Microsoft Word software, with the ability to transcribe minutes via Skype and Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of computers and word processing
- Knowledge of computers and variety of programs
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software.
- Ability to proofread documents for accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Ability to accurately type 60 wpm.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Additional SKA's for BOS II:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and excellent organizational skills while maintaining proper relations between divisional/regional directors, managers and supervisors, multi-functional business units, and customers and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and to apply instructions and guidelines in the disposition of problems.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Ability to anticipate intangibles for multiple leaders.
- Additional training in clerical and secretarial skills.
- Experience in designated departmental environment.
- Knowledge of organization, company and departmental policy and procedures.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering items weighting up to 25 pounds.
Typing 60wpm, Intermediate Word, Intermediate Windows, Advanced Excel. Proofreading, Reading Comprehension, Math
This job has expired.