Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity to join the hydrogen process technology experts as the Business Development Manager for the Hydrogen Market sector. The new candidate will be responsible for driving and developing new business in the North and South American market to establish and expand the Wood hydrogen business relevant to the proprietary SMR technology, in line with Wood's Blue Hydrogen strategy.
This role will be the US-based point of contact to promote and sell the Wood licensed and proprietary SMR technology across multiple industry sectors. The position will also coordinate within other Business Units and Services Lines to promote visibility and enhance cross-selling.
The role will report directly to the global Business Development Director for the Energy, Assets & Technology service line working closely with the global hydrogen Business Development manager and our hydrogen technology center of excellence team (based in Italy).
Key areas of focus:
- Drive business growth in the energy sector with focus on SMR. Raise the market profile of the business and support establishing/maintaining strategic partnering relationships. Support the wider technology team in seeking collaborative opportunities.
- Gather market intelligence and develop strategies to meet the shifting market opportunities
- Actively generate new business and new clients, both external and internal through proactive collaboration in line with business objectives and sales targets
- Provide input to and deliver effective strategies to gain new business
- Participate and speak at key conferences and in panel discussions
- Define new market entry requirements and win propositions, developing a clear route map to successful pre-qualification and bid submissions and communicate clearly to pursuit and proposal teams
- Responsible for generating sufficient sales backlog and prospect bank to support business and service line goals and objectives and ensures all opportunities are recorded and managed within the appropriate sales and business management systems.
- Lead the establishment of strong and enduring high-level relationships with clients, partners, supply chain, and stakeholders to ensure strategy delivery and position for future opportunities as measured by client satisfaction and feedback, the health of the prospect pipeline
- Develop and maintain client relationships, proactively seeking and advancing opportunities to broaden service offering to existing clients and initiate relationships with new clients, including participating in or leading bid and tender activity
- Promote, represent, and enhance company reputation internally and externally with clients staying well-informed of industry developments across the region to ensure the company is well-positioned
- Accountable for client interaction - maintains contact with decision makers and key business interests in client organizations including regular coordination with Wood Customer Account Managers.
- Support Business Development Director in the development of plans for growing and managing major accounts and engages team members in executing strategy.
- Ensure independent client feedback is obtained by carrying out regular client visits. Ensuring feedback is analyzed, understood, and built into improvement plans and summarized in a timely fashion and presented back to the SVP/VP BD / Leadership teams.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor level degree in a technical or business field - preferably chemical engineering or other technical degree with suitable experience
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience working in the industry with thorough understanding of the steam methane reforming process for hydrogen production
- Demonstrated success in selling to the target industry in North America at the mid to senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, identify opportunities and account management skills are critical
- Authorization to lawfully work in the United States without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Must have knowledge of process technologies - specifically steam methane reforming and hydrogen market.
- Knowledge of clients, competitors, markets, and the company's service portfolio
- Experience in complex strategic commercial and business models
- Knowledge of current and future industry trends
- International operations experience will be considered an asset
- Commercial & technical acumen with experience in negotiating and commercializing contracts
- A sound knowledge of project delivery through all phases and execution
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.