Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
This position is within the Americas Large Projects Development organization and will support the company's objectives to aggressively grow the Americas business through investment in large projects with investment values in the hundreds of millions to billions of dollars. This position will be accountable for working closely with the Americas regional business groups to identify, create, investigate, evaluate, promote, develop and commercialize new large projects in the Americas. Through their understanding of the various value chains developing within the energy, decarbonization, and chemicals sectors, and an understanding of how Linde operates, and what technologies it has at its disposal, they will lead the creation, development and commercialization of such opportunities.
This position will also monitor existing and proposed environmental regulation in the Americas related to CO2 and other greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions, voluntary GHG emission reduction initiatives and organizations and other relevant environmental attributes associated with the company's operations and new business opportunities, in coordination with Government. Affairs. Act as a focal point for understanding industry trends, taxation and other government incentives, clean fuel standards, emission trading systems, carbon credits/offsets and legislation around CO2 capture, storage and utilization, as well as associated renewable energy regulation that could be leveraged into new business and competitive advantages. Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
The position will report to the Vice President, Americas Large Projects Development
- Identifies, evaluates, develops, and secures new large ($100MM-$1B+) investment opportunities that support the Americas' organization's business objectives.
- Develops, supports and forges key alliances and partnerships to secure new opportunities.
- Analyzes and understands the new market segments and value chains within the target markets (market size, growth, trends, competition, partners, alliances, customer needs, etc).
- Monitor competitive activity and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated.
- Prepare and negotiate business terms for third party agreements and participate in the execution of such in conjunction with the responsible business and legal departments.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing the economics and competitive analysis for new investment opportunities and ensure that business objectives around profitability and returns are met.
- Develop organizational alignment amongst regional sales and business management, global account management, engineering and business development resources to develop and secure opportunities.
- Prepare and negotiate detailed business terms for build, own operate investments and participate in the execution of such in conjunction with the regional business and legal departments.
- Develop an understanding of the financial drivers and key operations at target opportunities
- Effectively identify, evaluate and utilize sources of competitive advantage for Linde in energy, chemicals, infrastructure and related sectors
- Establish relationships with key decision makers at potential customers
- Monitoring of existing and proposed environmental regulation in Americas related to CO2 and other GHG emissions and other environmental attributes associated with the company's operations and future investments, in coordination with Gov. Affairs
- Monitoring of existing and proposed voluntary GHG emission reduction initiatives and organizations promoted by the private sector in coordination with local stakeholders and authorities
- Identify and develop new market segments that include a strong sustainability driver
- Identification and assessment of large project opportunities / potential compliance arising from environmental attributes legislation
- Adapt projects business model to include taxation, revenues, costs and other variables and parameters resulting from environmental attributes regulation
- Manage development, registration, approval, issuance and related auditing processes with authorities, market participants and third-party auditors for monetization of environmental attributes of products, in coordination with the regional business units
- Carbon Intensity reporting methodology review, implications of transition from site based (scope 1 and 2) to market based (LCA) CI reporting
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or similar technical discipline; MBA a plus
- 10+ years business experience
- 10+ years successful project development/investment experience
- Understanding of and/or experience in the energy (refining, renewables, renewable power, LNG, gas processing) and chemicals industries
- Experience in project management and business development/or sales with demonstrated success in developing and commercializing complex and uncertain projects on a build own operate basis with and without partners
- Well-developed commercial skills with experience in negotiating complex investment projects including partnerships, offtake agreements, financing etc. Well-versed in "build, own, and operate" business models
- Familiarity with the hydrogen/syngas business, hydrogen/syngas production technologies, hydrogen recovery technologies, gas processing, carbon capture and electrolysis
- Experience in carbon management and GHG emission reduction projects Knowledge of international GHG regulation related to UNFCCC, aviation and maritime industry is a desired plus
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel
- Mastery of DCF analysis
- Experience with managing high performing cross-functional teams of both internal and outside resources
- Excellent leadership and communication skills including communication to senior management.
- Commercial creativity with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Successful track record of working with engineering and R&D functions
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.