AtBrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions - from electric vehicles, toePalletsandsoftware that leverages real-time data todrive intelligent optimizationsfor e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based inPalo Alto,with offices in Atlanta and Detroit,that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product managementandoperations,BrightDropis looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors,BrightDropis striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you'll join us.
You will develop amazing connectivity software and solutions for BrightDrop's Trace product while cross functionally working with the electrical module team, mobile app, and our cloud development teams.
We are looking for a strong understanding of embedded software development, networking (TCP, UDP), positioning technologies (GPS, BLE Beacons, UWB) and wireless connectivity technologies (Cellular, WiFi and Bluetooth). The ideal candidate will have a track record of problem-solving and the ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver software content at scale.
- Contribute to code bases written in C++
- Work closely with a team to solve issues and create new features in the connectivity/positioning space (WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular, GPS, etc.)
- Responsible for designing and documenting component level specifications
- Help develop test procedures/tools to ensure a high-quality product
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Skills and Experience:
- Support system level design and documentation activities
- Support selecting/prototyping new connectivity technologies
- Keep work items up to date in project tracking software
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of C++ embedded software development focusing on connectivity
- Experienceimplementing network-based software solutions: HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS
- Experienceimplementing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) software solutions (both central and peripheral)
- Experience in implementing location services with GNSS, WiFi Geolocation and BLE
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
- Familiar with REST based APIs
- Experience with CAN-BUS and CANopen for module-to-module communication
- Familiar with IoT protocols like MQTT or CoAP
- Familiar with precise location detection methods (dead reckoning, UWB, 5G)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.