Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Brand Specialist to help our brands serve the needs of our consumers in the lawn & gardens category and enable our businesses to continue growing. A successful Brand Specialist will support our brand teams in managing critical day-to-day tactics by working cross-functionally across SMG to bring game-changing programs to life.
Every day you will:
- Deliver programs that ladder up to the strategies for satisfying the needs of our consumers & customers
- Drive execution of brand-building marketing programs
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional partners within research and development, communications, finance, and market research
- Partner with supply chain, sales, and portfolio management to deliver on time and with excellence
- Manage activities and workflows related to the development and approval of brand marketing initiatives
- Coordinate project activities with internal and external partners to facilitate end to end marketing program execution
Examples of things you'll do in this role:
- Administration of artwork processes and routing
- Brand asset management via internal tools
- Manage the brand budgeting and payment processes (e.g. managing IO's)
- Ensure product samples or swag needed by internal or external partners are fulfilled
- Collaborate with portfolio managers to successfully execute display units and POP
- Help create presentation materials and catalog content
- Ensuring items are set up for E-Commerce with appropriate content and marketing information
To thrive in this role, you should:
- Have an undergraduate degree (Marketing or Business degree preferred. MBA preferred for advancement opportunities)
- 3 years of related experience
- Possess a strong sense of accountability to perform responsibilities in a timely and high-quality manner
- Have a bias for action to quickly adapt and execute on the needs of the business while being comfortable challenging the status quo
- Be a strong communicator that successfully collaborates with colleagues across disciplines and levels
- Have detail oriented organizational skills
- Demonstrate success working under pressure
- Effectively manage multiple detailed tasks simultaneously
- Embrace ambiguity and thrive turning complexity into simplicity
- Have experience with the Google Suite of applications (gmail, docs, sheets, slides)
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law
This job has expired.