As a Branch Specialist, you will help veterans and active duty service members in their VA loan process. You will work with Loan Officers, and will often be the first point of contact for our borrowers. In addition, you are responsible for a multitude of duties depending on the business needs of the branch.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Inform borrowers on future loan documentation requests, including borrowers' income and asset information.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries via email and phone.
- Make initial contact to collect borrower financial and credit information.
- Process borrower credit information through online approval system.
- Analyze borrower credit for pre-approval or denial of loan applications and/or to assess needed documentation to fund loans.
- Manage pipeline of files throughout loan process.
- Build and maintain relationships with potential and existing borrowers; develop lead opportunities and represent VU at industry events.
- Perform office administration/office facilities duties as directed.
- Plan and facilitate office events.
- Execute and maintain deliverables such as flyers, mailings, and other communications, as well as scheduling events and meetings.
- Develop and coordinate programs, such as birthday cards, thank you notes, and Lunch 'n Learns.
- Provide polite and helpful customer service to clients who call or walk in.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We're looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day.
We'll also want to know that you can demonstrate these attributes:
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excel in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- High attention to detail.
- Dedicated work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Previous customer service experience preferred (but not required).
- NMLS licensed or become licensed upon employment.
Veterans United Home Loans and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.