This position exists to create active-users in law firms and in law schools in an assigned territory by assessing the needs of the customers firm/school specific business plans, and educating customers on the advantages of LexisNexis products and services. The Practice Area Consultant will partner with the commercial account team to maximize contract renewals. by ensuring the customer is receiving value from our products and service. This position is based in NYC and serves the NYC metro area.
- Proactively and aggressively perform as a Consultative Sales Person, by relating, discovering, advocating, and supporting law firm and law school customers in order to increase usage among existing clients.
- Communicate credibly with all levels of a law firm and law school including associates, students, partners, librarians, faculty and leadership (i.e. law-firm managing partners) in order to understand their challenges and improve business in innovative ways.
- Listening and partnering with all levels of customers and strategically responding with product solutions and efficient research paths to improve their work-life balance.
- Develop strategic account plans (which will differ firm-by-firm), recognize sales opportunities, target specific sales activities, and analyze competitive threats.
- Partner with law firm client managers to overcome customer challenges and effectively position them to close significant opportunities.
- Demonstrates deep product, content or practice area knowledge; acts as internal resource for sales, marketing and segment.
- Prepares and delivers specialized customer presentations that communicate our value proposition and competitive differentiators to create new active users.
- Conducts competitive research, analysis of findings and shares information with product, segment and marketing.
- Develop and execute creative marketing strategies aimed at positioning LexisNexis as the superior source in meeting the needs of partners, associates and staff at law firms.
• Juris Doctorate. Preferred Qualifications
• A State Bar membership
• 2+ years proven sales experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing on account plans and coordinating key stakeholders and resources to positively impact clients.
• Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and technical knowledge.
• Able to work as part of a team, accomplishing mutual team goals.
• Able to work independently and own and manage a territory.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.