Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a SPRAT certified wind turbine blade repair technician, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of wind turbine blades. Blade repair technicians utilize both rope access and suspended platforms to complete repair and maintenance work scopes. Blade work from rope access and platforms means many days spent in an open-air work environment. When unable to complete in-air blade work due to unfavorable weather conditions, time is spent on various tasks such as reports, inspections and training. Wind turbine blade repair technicians may also perform other wind turbine repairs that require rope access.
- Climb wind turbine towers daily, wearing all required safety equipment, and utilize rope access techniques to inspect, maintain, and repair wind turbine blades.
- Understand electrical and mechanical functions of a wind turbine generator and associated equipment to safely perform lock-out-tag-out (LOTO) duties.
- Utilize power tools to perform delicate grinding work on composite structures.
- Employ safe work practices to use chemicals and glass fibers to complete composite structure repair.
- Perform inspections and repairs on wind turbine blades and associated equipment.
- Complete required reporting on repair work, inspections, etc.
- Learn and use software systems to manage work reporting and other company business.
- Maintain company tooling and equipment.
- Work a 40+ hour work week and be subject to scheduled and unscheduled overtime. Work schedules may vary during the peak work periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- SPRAT level 1 or higher certification
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work suspended from two rope systems and/or platforms at heights greater than 80 meters (250 feet).
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
- Weight must not exceed 120 kg (265 lbs.) excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
- Ability to rappel from a wind turbine.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- One (1) year technical experience (mechanical, electrical, composite repair, etc.) and/or technical education.
Individuals receiving conditional offers of employment will be subject to drug testing and must receive a negative result to begin working for the company.Benefits
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.