This job has expired.
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform analyses in one or more of the following analytical areas to ensure turnaround times are met, and that the work is performed safely and to the specified quality standards under the supervision of Scientists and/or the Biophysical Team Leader: Circular Dichroism, Fourier Transform Infra-red Spectroscopy, Sedimentation Velocity Analytical Ultracentrifugation, Size Exclusion Multi-Angle Light Scattering, Fluorescence, Dynamic Light Scattering and Ultraviolet-Visible Absorption Spectroscopy.
2. Support for provision of the service-e.g. equipment maintenance, record keeping, housekeeping, etc.-in order to maintain all equipment in full working order and keep all records up to date.
3. Assist Senior Analysts with complex analytical studies -. Prepare chemical solutions and perform detailed and complex analytical procedures (e.g., digestions, purifications, buffer exchanges, etc) following SOP's and established test Protocols.
4. Interpretation of data obtained from biochemical/chemical analysis
5. Report writing
6. Prepare chemical solutions and perform detailed and complex analytical procedures (e.g., digestions, purifications, buffer exchanges, etc) following SOP's and established test Protocols.
7. Receipt of incoming materials
8. Other laboratory tasks as needed
1. All of the above performed to cGMP following US FDA and EU guidelines
2. Preparation and review of SOPs
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Able to interact effectively with persons from various diverse backgrounds.
• Able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team.
• Able to follow directions well.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
"In the course of employment, you will be required to travel to and/or work at a client site. The company requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel commercially and many clients require visitors performing work at their locations to be vaccinated. Therefore, this role requires a candidate who is fully vaccinated or will be prior to an anticipated start date. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of having received a COVID-19 vaccination.
The company will provide a reasonable accommodation upon request after an offer is extended."
A MSc. Or PhD degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry Analytical Sciences.
Two to five years of industry experience